Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently got a 2nd Boxer (Oct). My 1st Boxer was great with not climbing onto the bed with us or just to hang out. She would never climb into it unless we called her to come. But when the puppy came to town, she started hanging out on our bed which is next to the livingroom. We figure she went there to get away from the puppy at first. But now he can get up there, they just climb up and think they onw it. I don't mind but already had a comforter ruined by digging and I don't want another ruined.

Any suggestions as how to stop this behavior before it gets out of hand

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would say keep the bedroom door and don't let them in there unless you are in there. The only time Loki is allowed in the bedroom is when we are in there or we are sleeping (his crate is in the bedroom).

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I would just tell them "No." and continually take them off the bed. That's how we taught Odin... he's only allowed to come up if asked... though WHEN we do that... then he thinks he can come up whenever... which is understandable...

It's all about consistency... it may be annoying and a pain in the tush but they should learn quickly that they are not allowed on the bed. Just for example right now... Odin walked in the room and started heading towards the bed... I told him "Odin... no..." in a firm voice and he turned and walked over to his crate to lay down.

Good luck!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ditto what Marie said..Mine have never had any boundaries regarding furniture..As for the comforter issue, yea I do tend to go thru a few more. On my third one since I got Samson..You wash it more, so it wears out more, but I really do enjoy having everyone snuggling up on the bed, except I am running out of bed!!!! What will happen when we get number 3? The dogs will have the bed and we will get the couches?  :lol:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
nyker4life\";p=\"56428 said:
My first floor is a railroad. Kids room, Our room, Livingroom, Kitchen. There are no doors in between.
No doors?!?  I wouldn't be able to live with my pup and kiddo w/out doors! :lol:

Can you put up a baby gate or something?  If not, then I agree with Marie.

Cute pups, by the way! :wink:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I agree with the others, I would try a baby gate. I know you can get extra high ones for dogs. Your babies are beautiful by the way. I hope you find a solution that works for you.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Your babies are so cute.  I would suggest trying a gate also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts