Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sky got stung by a bee right on her lips!! its gone swollen! she keeps licking it! what should i do now ???

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't mean to state the obvious, but if it was me, I'd call my vet.  Jaxon's breeder's other female is severely allergic to bee stings.  I am too so I tend to freak out at bee stings!  Good luck...poor Sky!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would also check with the vet who can advise whether Sky should be seen and treated or if a home remedy can be used.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry got stung by a velvet ant on Tuesday.  His whole foot swelled up, he was drooling very thick and heavily, then he vomited.  I took him to the vet, vet gave antibiotics and something for the tummy, and now he's fine.  So if she vomits, call the vet!!!
Z

·
Registered
13 Posts
Since you've already removed the stinger just give her some Benadryl (it's something I like to always have on hand in the medicine cabinet). I've always done that and the swelling goes right down. Hope Sky feels better soon!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
My Pitt got stung by fire ants on his face and the vet had me give him Benadryl, said if he had trouble breathing to come in right away.  He was fine after the Benadryl but scared me real bad.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ours get stung by them alot and this year have had so many deer fly stings that they look like they have been beat up.  Ours are not allergic to them and the swelling usually goes down in a day or so.    Here is a picture of Ziggi after he was stung by a deer fly on his right eye.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the bee must of died  :x  but sky is fine. the bump went down realy fast  :)  cant see it any more, i think the bee sent one of its friends to do some revenge work  :roll:  some bee just came in to my house again,, i took sky and ran into the other room lool

here some pics
this was on her lip ( not the sim card )

After she was stung

1 - 11 of 11 Posts