Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Interesting.

I wonder if this is why Zuke is so intense with scents in my yard. I don't let him sniff anything when we are on walks or away from the house. He will put his nose to the ground at home and a house next door could explode and he wouldn't even pick his head up. He will track a bunny/cat/raccoon from one side of the house all the way around the other side in the middle of the night without ever picking his nose up off the ground. I never discouraged it at the house and when we get back home its the first thing he does. Basically sniffs the entire perimeter of the property.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
ME, the MAL Guy. And that's not an insult as that is where he started or where I know him from anyway.

He posted a clip many years, that "Confirmed," my decision "Not to Use Treat's," to trick people into a dog's "space," if said dog has "Aggression Issue's."

That was not the plan as the dog in use had no people issue's. But when he did the some people give treat's and some people don't?? When the dog did not get a treat from someone?? It pissed the dog off and someone got bit!

That was an "epic fail." But he told us about it. It "confirmed for me that I had made the right call, "No Treat's," with stranger's when dealing with "Actual," Aggression?? But I got No problem with him cuz he told us what when wrong and why?? And he did not have to! :)

Still even in that short clip, I learned something as I did not know that "Aggression," could be a self enforcing behavior?? Good Clip Thanks'! :)

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Good video . It a good description on understanding the some behaviors can be controlled while internally cannot be changed. They will always be there, which is why you never trust them completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts