Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chloe, 18 weeks old, has decided today, that it is super fun to drag her water bowl...and yes, full of water, through the kitchen and out into the family room.....where she then dumps the whole thing onto the carpet.  It feels like she is going through the "terrible twos"!!  She has just been a stinker all day......ooops she dragging that darn bowl of water right as I type this!  uuugggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
yup harley did this!  most of the time when she comes in from being outside she will come in and splash her front paws in her water to get on her belly to cool off! i dont have any suggestions as to what to do but maybe try your method of punishment or time out if it bothers you.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
:rofl: sorry~~ but this is greatness!! ok neither of my girls have done this. savannah i didnt have as a puppy though so i am not sure if she ever did-Reese is 6 months and hasnt done it yet. i am sure it is just a phase. When you catch her in the act i would pull the bowl away tell her firmly NO and put the bowl back. she will get the hint eventually

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Maybe you can put the bowl on a rubber matt so she can't scoot it around.  We have a homemade water and food bowl stand, so Henry can't drag it off.
I'll take a pic later.
Z

·
Registered
780 Posts
I know it isn't nice to laugh but that is too funny!  Ours have never done that but we have always had a large heavy ceramic dog bowl for their water or a cut down bucket so they have been too heavy for them to move around.  You might try a heavy dish that she can't pick up easily, she still might play in it though!  :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ditto what was said, I'm sorry, I just had this mental image of Chloe dragging a bowl full of water around  :rofl: Couldn't stop laughing...Oh these boxer babies and their antics...I would try a heavier bowl definitely, and yes, reprimand her when she does that..I have had mine tip over their food bowls, but never water bowls....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your input!!  I'm going to go out tomorrow and get her a heavier bowl!  If she pulls that darn thing out into the living room I will so take a pictures so you all can see how goofy she is!  I got so sick of it today, i put her water bowl up on the counter and gave her "water time" every 30 min. or so. She is such a stinker!!  I watch my mom's dog as well, so I called her today and told her if her dog starts to dragging his bowls around that he learned it from Chloe!  It is all toooo funny!

·
Registered
905 Posts
My friend's Rottweiler, Buzz, has a very annoying habit of sending her (very noisy, steel) food bowl spinning around the kitchen when she's finished her grub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts