Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we pretty much have a different Diesel for every person in the house.

With my daughter: He'll bring her a toy, and keep putting it in her face until she gives in and starts either tugging or playing fetch with him. He has never jumped on her (on purpose) and has never bitten / mouthed her hands or anything.

With me: Same as above, except  he just loves my fingers in his mouth. he doesn't chew on them or anything, but he will walk next to me, and open his mouth just to have my hand in there.

With my husband: he's a demon. He'll jump, bite (not hard) and scratch just to initiate play time. My husband hates it, (he's taken quite a few punches to the face!) but when I tell him how to get Diesel to stop..guess what. he just starts to wrestle with him. Which reinforces the behavior. So my husband is a lost cause, but at least he's the only one Diesel does that to.

So here are my questions.
What's with the fascination with my hands. and why do they always have to be in his mouth!?
and why does Diesel act differently with all of us?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He'll be a year old on feb 8. It's crazy how fast time flies isn't it? lol
Since day one my daughter and I worked with Diesel together. I knew I wanted her to be above him in the 'pack'. Which is why she is in charge of feeding time, and she helps in training  as well. After every new trick I taught him, she got to do it as well, so he listens to her very well. My husband works nights and didn't really do much training with him. He did more of the playing and wrestling. When he has time I have him go through some of the basic commands with the dogs and things like that. But Karin and I did 99% of the work, so it's not like Diesel thinking of my hubby more of a brother than a parent surprises me. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.