Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Not sure what the limitations are for a female after spay, but my guy had a broken toe once and a minor surgery to remove a growth on the side of his shoulder. I was told 10-14 days for both, no exercise except slow walks. Basically for me it was leash on all the time, no freedom. Crated when he was unsupervised. Basically did 3 slow short walks a day. The toe we did the full 14 days I think. The shoulder lasted all of 4 days before he was back to full exercise. lol

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
thanks for the suggestions. hoping her recovery time is closer to 4 days than 14 lol

LOL I'm sure she will feel fine in 4 days however her internal stitches will not be healed, so I'm sure vet will tell you closer to 14 days. I recently had a male neutered, his recovery time was stated to wait 14 days before normal activity. The first week was difficult as he felt fine and wanted to run & jump but I didn't want him pulling any stitches loose. Good luck with her spay!

·
Registered
42 Posts
to loddie's dad

you can try Pupsicules...I think they sell them in some groceries or you can make them...but they are like popsicles but for dogs so they take a long time licking them and it keeps them busy and occupied. Or they are called Dogsters...just a thought to keep bella busy...although they don't last to long. good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I had Chief neutered, he was pretty much back to himself within a day or so, & didn’t mess with his sutures too much.... I know the anesthesia messed with him the first 12hrs - he was kinda confused & walked all lopsided. He whined a little that night, which the pain meds helped. But after that, he was rambunctious as ever without an issue,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's had to have the cone of shame on a couple times but for the most part has left her stitches alone. First 24 hrs after surgery I thought I was going to have to take her back in (wouldn't eat, drink, couldn't poop, just kind of wandered around in the yard, etc. I figured the anesthesia was still in her pretty good since she hadn't really drank or eaten anything. She seems to be back to her self as far as playfulness and personality, just trying to limit her going 100 miles an hour.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts