Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Good job Bella. Looking good!

I had one of those, I think it lasted 2 days. There was nothing in the instructions saying an 85lb boxer going at a high rate of speed to their "place" on command would go right through the fabric. lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations (and yeah, I'm late to the party) but good job nonetheless! Any updates???
We've added a Goldendoodle puppy friend for her so she definitely has her "puppy brain" moments lol. She tends to put herself on place on occasion and we have to tell her "ok".

here are a couple pics of her now before she did just that.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
We've added a Goldendoodle puppy friend for her so she definitely has her "puppy brain" moments lol. She tends to put herself on place on occasion and we have to tell her "ok".

here are a couple pics of her now before she did just that.
Uh wow! That is an "actual" Place Mat! I'm impressed! In doors I use Bella's (APBT/Boxer) mix. Bed for indoor "Place" bout one of the few things she is good with ... another story. I'm impressed!
But a "Goldendoodle puppy???" LOL .. how did that happen?? :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uh wow! That is an "actual" Place Mat! I'm impressed! In doors I use Bella's (APBT/Boxer) mix. Bed for indoor "Place" bout one of the few things she is good with ... another story. I'm impressed!
But a "Goldendoodle puppy???" LOL .. how did that happen?? :)
lol, fiance has always wanted one and her buddy had a litter..she's gonna be a giant I think lol

Here they are a couple nights ago. Bella (boxer) soon to be 9 months and Bailey (Goldendoodle) will be 4 months Sunday lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Yeah looks like she is eventually gonna be taller! But ... two girls?? Not really ... the best of choices?? But I know nothing of Doodles, so it may be fine. In two years time. Sorry I can't help but be a PIA at times. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll never own another male dog. All I had were males and the last 2 females I've had (RIP) were just the best.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Oh you don't have to sell me on the girls. I wanted a male Boxer but when I went to the "Breeder" all the males were chosen. :(

Girl white Boxers only. Well screw it a girl it is then ... whatever. And I had, no regrets! I had read that the female "Boxers" were rare among breeds but the females were the "dominant" sex. And the the females Boxers were uh different?? And yep pretty much, kinda pigged headed, stubborn and you have to convince them that "whatever it is you want to do is more fun than whatever it is they want to do??

But once you do ... they are awesome!! The boy's tend to be more eager to please you! The girls ... not so much. :)

Nonetheless and so you know ... two female (Boxers) in the same home?? Is a hard "NO" by "Boxer Rescues!" If the prospective adopter already has a female Boxer in the home?? They will tell you to chose a male or go ... somewhere else! It does not work, but if the other female ... is a different Breed ... then "maybe" with an experienced dog owner.

My wife kinda screwed me over with Bella (she wanted her ...) She's a female Boxer/APBT, so when I get another Boxer ... this time!!! Now it is most likely going to have to be a male ... that kinda ticks me off as I wanted a "Girl Boxer!!" But sigh ... I'm not eager to sell into troubled waters ... again!

Ah well "inside" information I suppose ... and most likely not gonna be a "issues" for you, as I don't know nothing about, Doodles. But they both look great and they look good ... congrads.:)

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I think doodles are cute pups but they are a handful to train, lots of energy. I have a poodle so I know that part of the doodle and it seems to be the more dominant side. The only thing I don't like about doodle is 1. the price people are charging for a mix breed dog, you could have a real poodle for less $ and from health tested lineage. Most doodles come from less then stella parentage only because a reputable breeder of golden and poodles would not allow their pups to be bred for doodles. 2. The grooming can be a nightmare and must be kept up. All that being said I love the look of most doodles and yours is adorable and I have two good friends with them, and they are both great dogs, both hyper but n ow settling down as they reach 2 year-3 years old. Both my friends have male doodles so I don't know the personality of female doodles. Hopefully they will get along after maturity.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think doodles are cute pups but they are a handful to train, lots of energy. I have a poodle so I know that part of the doodle and it seems to be the more dominant side. The only thing I don't like about doodle is 1. the price people are charging for a mix breed dog, you could have a real poodle for less $ and from health tested lineage. Most doodles come from less then stella parentage only because a reputable breeder of golden and poodles would not allow their pups to be bred for doodles. 2. The grooming can be a nightmare and must be kept up. All that being said I love the look of most doodles and yours is adorable and I have two good friends with them, and they are both great dogs, both hyper but n ow settling down as they reach 2 year-3 years old. Both my friends have male doodles so I don't know the personality of female doodles. Hopefully they will get along after maturity.
My one neighbor has a female another neighbor has a male. They are both freaking nuts and barkers. Granted I think thats on the owners though they don't seem like people who train their dogs.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Matt. Yes my friends dogs are a bit nuts too. But they are great with their kids. I see a lot of doodles and the trainer I follow has had many come for training. Not sure how it worked out in the end. We have a big doodle breeder here. They use to have really nice golden but then they started this doodle craze and the get over $3000. for a puppy. Ridiculous .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, it's crazy what they go for. My fiance has always wanted one and thankfully her buddy had a litter so the cost was nowhere close to that. While still not cheap, it was the best thing we could have done for Bella. We have an old ass grouchy shitzu who hates everything. Now she has an everyday play date. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts