Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is super cute and I will have pictures soon I promise.  

BUT......

The breeder called me on Thursday before I went to pick him up and said she left her husband in charge of feeding them and he fed them adult food and Bentley has the runs.  She wanted to know if I wanted to wait to pick him up or go ahead and hope they are cleared up. So I said we would go ahead and meet.  When we finally met up with him she said his poo was back to normal, so yeah all good.  We got home around 11pm (I had been up since 6:30am)  so I figured they would want to play and investigate for about an hour then lights out.....finally around 2:30am I told Adam I was going to bed and he could watch them, I was so tired.  They finally fell asleep around 3am.

So Friday I took the day off.  I fed him the food she send with us Royal Canain, he seemed like he was starving (he looked really skinny) she fed him 1/3 of a cup 3 times a day, so I feed him a little over a 1/3 of a cup and he ate fine.  So this is where I was a little blonde, our water smells like a swimming pool right now, the city is cleaning the water out or something.  It taste terrible so I bought bottled water but it didn't dawn on me until Saturday night that the dogs needed bottled water too.  Duke has the runs and so does Bentley.  I give them both a little pumpkin and Dukes clears right up and Bentley's is fine for a like a 1/2 day.  We took him to the vet on Saturday to get him checked out and the vet said everything looked normal.  

So Saturday night at like 4 in the morning (ok they don't go to bed before 12 and they are up at 6, so i'm tired) I wake up to someone puking.  I look at Bentley (he was sleeping next to me) and he has his head hanging over the bed and he is gaging.  I turn the light on and look around and I don't see anything and he had stopped and fell back to sleep so I thought he was fine, 5 mins later he did it again only he puked up bile and a huge piece of rubber.  Its about two inches long, 1 inch tall and 1/2 inch wide.  I have no clue where he got it, I have been watching him like a hawk when he is outside and he couldn't have got it inside so I almost wonder if it wasn't in his little tummy before we got him.  So I have been watching him even closer, his stomach is still upset because he has the squirts bad.  I am going to call the vet tonight if it isn't better now that he is on good water.  

So it hasn't really been enjoyable.  He is really cuddlely but he is super fiesty and has an attitude sometimes so we will have to work on that.  And he loves his momma, he follows me around every where and only likes to sleep with me.  He has done good in his kennel, Adams mom is in the hospital really sick so we have let him in there on the weekend for about 3 to 4 hours at a time and he hasn't had any accidents.  

Ok, sorry its so long.  I will post pictures as soon as I have them.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome home Bentley.  Hope he gets over the runs and settles in quickly; can't wait to see pictures.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
sorry to her about your rough start! i  am sure everything will smooth out and be fine.i hope they both feel abetter soon.congrats again and i can't wait to see more pics!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.  It melts my heart when he looks up at me, when he is really tired he comes over to me and sits down like pick me up momma, then he gives me kisses.  He is so sweet.  And Duke has been really good,  Bentley kind of has an attitude, Duke will gently correct him, pin him down and snip at him softly.  Yesterday he was giving me attitude and biting at me, Duke came up and bit Bentleys ear, not hard but enough to get his attention.  It was so cute, Duke is always trying to take care of his momma.  

I just forgot how hard it is to potty train and keep your eye on them.  Duke doesn't require that much attention....constantly watching them when they are playing.  Bentley will whin when he has to go potty or go to the door but when he is playing he forgets and justs goes.  So I really have to watch him when he is running around.  

Its fun :)  I'm am really glad we got him.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
that's great!! new puppy wearing out his momma!!! :lol: it is all worth it i am sure. glad to hear that duke is being a good big brother.enjoy that sweet lilttle guy!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
A bit of a rough start, but hoping it gets better...Poor Bentley...A new enviroment sometimes will cause them to stress out some and that possibly could be the source of the "runs", but as he is a pup, needs to be watched....Duke is being a great big brother, taking Bentley to task when misbehaving, oh I hope it works that way when we bring ours home :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts