Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Record heat today in my area 95 degrees, so no playing outside. I went to the store looking for some new toys for Donner to pass the time in the air conditioning, after picking up a couple new squeaks I saw it...a HOOLA HOOP :lol: I read somewhere on here about learning to jump through hoops thought I'd give it a try. Funniest thing we've done yet, he learned how to jump through it so quick and is already about 1 1/2 feet off the floor. Maybe I have a agility dog in the making?? Still can't figure out how to get pics into my topics (I obviously don't learn as quickly as Donner) but will keep trying. Anyone have any other fun "inside play" ideas, it's supposed to be hot for a couple days?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hide and seek...you can make an indoor agailty course for him with your furniture...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, we'll try it. We play hide and seek all the time but haven't moved the furniture (on purpose anyways)maybe we'll try to improvise some furniture "weave poles"

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now that's great idea, never thought about that...Oh I bet Angel would love that.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
That is a great idea! I might end up buying one this weekend and trying it out with Chloe.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Never thought of that one. I'll have to give it a try! Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
oo my word !! i can see the looks on my dogs faces if i said come on jump through the hoop..aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

yet they love to run into walls and over furniture playing and swim swim until exhaustion hits and then still swim...

·
Registered
70 Posts
The hoola is a great idea!
I think she has more fun attacking her toys and chasing the cats around than anything!
The indoors agility course with furniture is a great idea also!
Just thought of something else that may be find if you dont mind the cleaup afterwards...
Balloons!
Some dogs may be scared of the noise, but I have had dogs that will go crazy over them!
If your dog isnt afraid of them, try putting some helium in them, attach a string and weight and watch how high they jump!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts