Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know our lovely boxers tend to have sensitive stomachs. What are your go-to long lasting chews? My girl tends to be hit or miss with bully sticks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I actually have tried some of the chews that are not consumable. I would have never thought by looking at them/touching them that a dog would have any desire to chew them but I was wrong. They have both chewed on both of them quite a bit. One is made with Bamboo and some other non-toxic material, photo attached. Aside from that, my dogs enjoyed the Yak Himalayan Dog Chews, these are edible but take longer for most dogs to finish. I do suspect one of my pups who has a sensitive tummy may have gotten upset stomach over them though.. They did last quite a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Antler's, have been known to break teeth with heavy chewers! I only tend to have dog's that are "Heavy Chewers," Boxer, GSD, Boxer/Pitts and Band Dawgs. And they will chew the crap out of stuff until something yields?

Cow Knuckles seem to be safe, but cow leg bones, not so much? They have shattered those into chards? The knuckles tend to be so big that they can't get a good grip on them with the back molar's, so they are content to just gnaw on them.

But "Antler's," are smaller in diameter, so they can get them to there back molars and "try," and crush them and that is how they can break there teeth! I won't use them myself most likely, they are fine with a Lab or a Golden? But with "Power Chewer's as it were? I stay clear, but that's just my take. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts