Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a toy or something that will entertain her for an hour or two a day. I already have kongs they last about 30 mins and I have Bullystick and just ordered a monster mouth. What else can I GET?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I wish I knew :) I would love to find something to entertain mine that long. We have the kongs & monster mouth too. The interactive puzzle type toys that we got Kosmo are supposed to give hours of entertainment but they figured out how to get the food/treats out in about 3 minutes so I don't recommend them. Ours play the most with the monster mouth these days. We don't even have to put anything in it right now, they do like it when it has snow packed in it after they have had it outside.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep thinking getting another dog would help her and give me a break lol.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Oh yes, that has helped here...I didn't know that was a suggestion you would be open for at this time :) lol I would like something to keep mine busy in the cage for a couple hours here, they keep each other plenty busy when they aren't in the cage either playing with each other or following me around the house being nosey.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Taco got some of these from my aunt... Kept Taco busy for a while, not sure how long for sure... They are great though... they don't splinter or rip apart, they get gooey and sorta melt away... I took away Taco's once there was about 1/4 left cause I was afraid he'd try to eat the rest of it whole and choke...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Marrow Bones from the butcher are fantastic and safe! Keeps mine busy for hours =) You can also ask the butcher to cut into 3 pieces / or whatever sized u feel is safe for your dog as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got Ali one of those Air Kong Sqeakers that looks like a dumb bell covered in Tenis ball material.
She just loves it and spends alot of time playing with it.
( Warning: you may be woken up at 3am with a squeeking toy in your face! lol )

·
Registered
134 Posts
Artie has been entertained by his smoked beef knuckle bone we got him at our natural pet store since Christmas for about an hour each time he chews it. He loves it! Toys he loses interest fast but he always returns to his cuz ball for entertainment too.
If you rotate toys in and out every few weeks they don't get bored as quickly either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A suggestion. We buy the tires at Harbor Freight for 5.00 on sale, there bigger then lawn mower tires and sturdy as heck, my guys love them. If yu want put a hole in one and attach a thick rope, they seem to love them. poppabill. Home

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I buy these large nuckle bones from Petco and he will chew and lick that thing all day. It's the only time I get a break. With toys, Jax loves rubber chickens and balls and I switch them out evey couple of weeks. It's like new toys again.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I buy these large nuckle bones from Petco and he will chew and lick that thing all day. It's the only time I get a break. With toys, Jax loves rubber chickens and balls and I switch them out evey couple of weeks. It's like new toys again.
Diesels favorite toy is a rubber chicken and his kong.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I Wish I could help. Yesterday Octane and Rally booted around after the snowmobiles for about two hours. When we got home Rally still wanted to play fetch. She stole an oven mitt from the kitchen and I didn't even take it from her because it keeps her quiet. lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I find my pups just love digging in my pots of dirt that are on my deck, keeps them occupied for hours until I bust them..lol

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
For outdoors SuzyQ loved her nylabone frisbee. The last one I bought was about $17.00, but they last a long time. She was obsessed with this and loved for us to throw it for her, but also played with it by herself. She would kick it and chase it and stomp on it, barking all the time like a maniac. She would do this till she wore herself out and had to lie down and then when rested start all over again. Whenever I wanted to work outdoors, we just found her frisbee and she was good to go. We used to have a german shepherd that found an old bowling ball in our garage and that fascinated him, he couldn't get his teeth in the holes to pick it up and would chase it endlessly around the yard.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Only thing that worked before for Leila (when she was the only pup) was a 'quack' grunting bird plush and a Kong filled with peanut butter.

Now with a 2nd pup, she plays 'keep away' with her most of the time. Though now, on occasions, I'm faced with two pups following me around and wanting to play. LOL. Double trouble.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
If you can find several things that hold her attention for 30 minutes...you can just rotate them! :huh: I have tried that or just waiting until he is ready for a nap.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts