Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Our doggies love their little kongs filled with peanut butter (stick in the freezer until frozen), keeps them occupied for a while :clap:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recently purchase the elk/deer antlers to try as all other items were easily destroyed by my boys. They are expensive but it has been two weeks and no splintering and boy it sure is quiet when they have them!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently purchase the elk/deer antlers to try as all other items were easily destroyed by my boys. They are expensive but it has been two weeks and no splintering and boy it sure is quiet when they have them!
These are fabulous! They don't leave a mess on the floor like rawhide, they don't splinter or tear. And they last a long time. We bought a small one to see if it was worth the money, and got a bigger one soon after. Griffin LOVES it.
I was also told after they start to loose interest in it, to boil it in chicken or beef stock and it will peak their interest in it again.

I really like that they are naturally shed antlers that are found, then cut to size. No bleaching or weird chemicals on them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
nylabone & Premier Busy Buddy toys on sale

petsmart has Nylabone toys & treats 15% off in stores and online. They also have some Premier Busy Buddy toys marked down online. The large footballs were $10.99 now $3.58.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can personally recommend either a '96 Toyota 4x4 or a '96 Four-runner. Both of these vehicles have kept Amos busy for hours and he still hasn't managed to chew all the way through them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Autumn loves her bison bone. I had to literally fight it away from her after 2 hours when she first got it just to take her outside to play. Haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roxy2010

I feel your pain on needing a toy that lasts longer than 20-30 minutes!! I came home from work one day to Ms. Penny chewing on the floorboards of my bedroom (she had escaped from her kennel, one of her many talents!)!! Needless to say, I had to call a Boston handyman to put my house back together, as well as find an alternative chew-toy for Penny, as I was not interested in redoing my floorboards again! I have used peanut butter filled toys, knuckle bones, puzzle toys and rope toys, all of which keep her occupied and keeps her off my floor boards!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
My two dogs and all the previous boxers I have had love the Nyla bones for strong chewers I have those and Benebones too they come in different shapes and I have at least 6 of them around for them I keep them in a pile in the living room ( they are not fun to step on in the dark) and they like to lay quietly and chew on them I just throw them away when they get the knobs chewed off so there is nothing sharp I will say I have never had to have a dental cleaning on any of my dogs so I guess these do work. They also have an entire laundry basket of toys to play with more toys than any dog needs for sure but they like the ones that make the most noise! I also got these flashing balls that flash when you throw them woke up one night thinking the fire truck was outside as the house was dark and all I could see was lights well my boy was standing over me wiggling with that silly ball flashing away! I also will give them an occasional treat called a No Hide that will take them an hour to eat but I don't do that very often. A long time ago one of my dogs tried to choke on a pig ear once it got soft she tried to swallow the whole thing and I had to dig it out of her throat and it happened again with a male of mine with a similar thing so I am careful now with anything that gets soft like that (no more pig ears) And yes two boxers will entertain each other my guys are very fond of "keep away" they play that a lot with whatever they decide is valuable at the moment. My guys are always clowning around the Vet says I don't even need a TV with these two in the room! I have also found that most toys the squeaker bladder inside doesn't stand up to a boxer mouth it gets squashed pretty quickly!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts