Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is ok with you mark(boxerforums), I was just wondering if it would be ok to make up a BF business card to help promote the site to more boxer owners...I've run into quite a few other boxer owners at the beach and the dog park that I let know about BF, and usually the web address gets written on a piece of paper and forgotten, or no one has a pen to wite it down....I think it would be great to hand them a cool looking card....we could make some sort of design competition for the card and vote on one winner that way the card would be the same everywhere and we could e-mail it to members who want it and make the file printable for a desktop printer and do it yourself paper.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
That sounds like a great idea! I love it!

I've seen several boxers and their people in my neighborhood lately. What a great way to spread the word.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
You know I was thinking the same thing and had been toying with how best to do it..Graphics is not my strong suit and was going to go with something pretty generic actually, but yea, people tend to hold on to business cards better than pieces of paper...I like it :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That is a great idea.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so I was thinking of having people pm me there designs and then I could use the poll fuction to have a vote..would this work?...also how many designs should we vote on? should we just use the first 5 submitted designs or should I have a final submission date?

any ideas would be great :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone know what the name of the BF font is? or have it that they can e-mail....I think we should use that font for the logo to keep it the same as the site.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You could receive them for a week or so, then pick your favorite 5 or 10 and open it up for voting.

I'll post png images without backgrounds so you guys can use them for creating your own designs.

I'll also post a psd if anyone has Photoshop and the font file.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BoxerForums\";p=\"125701 said:
You could receive them for a week or so, then pick your favorite 5 or 10 and open it up for voting.

I'll post png images without backgrounds so you guys can use them for creating your own designs.

I'll also post a psd if anyone has Photoshop and the font file.
ok this sounds good, so what i'll do is take design entries untill next Sunday May 25th, then I will make a poll and we can vote until let's say the 31st...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I wish I was artistic.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
this is a really good idea..i wish i was artistic too barb...hmmm id like to see an example to see if i have the capabilities. Maybe i will see if publisher has a template.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BoxerForums\";p=\"125727 said:
Posted a news story on the home page too.
cool thanks!, hopefully more people will notice it this way....I'm hoping to get at least 5 entries to vote on, so come on all you creative people I know your out there :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
A few questions:

1. What size and bleed should there be? We have a standard 85x55mm with 3mm bleed in the UK.
2. Should it be full colour both sides or just colour one side and B&W on the reverse?
3. What information is required on the cards i.e. name, number, web address etc etc.
4. Do you happen to have the logo as a vector eps file?

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
wowwwwww its all happening here. . . . . :D  :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts