Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to adopt another boxer and I just kept on running into road block after road block. Now we've decided to just wait... I'm trying to block www.petfinder.com from my computer so I don't look too much and get depressed!  I really wanted Baz to have a friend, but I guess the dogs at doggy daycare and the park will have to do!  Hopifully in the next few months things will line up real quick.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
sorry to hear that.  :(  when the time is right it will all work out.

G

·
0 Posts
what happened with the dogs you were going to look at today?  the pup and that girl that was 3 or 4?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sucks so much, my landlord changed the pet policy so we were kind of screwed.  We're going to try to get out of our lease before it's up in July so we move on and get another pup, the perfect pup... More then likely a rescued pup.  I'm pretty depressed about it, I was so excited.  It's ok though... I'll just be even more excited once we can adopt again!

G

·
0 Posts
what is the change to the policy?  can she do that to a pre existing lease?  that may give you an out since she altered the agreement

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They changed it from $25 extra a month to $25 extra per dog.  That's just way more then we had planned on spending... I'm just going to have to be happy waiting and dreaming.  We are already starving college students so... That extra $25 is a huge chunk added on our rent.
That's what we were wondering if she is changing the policy on people who already had more then one animal.  She tried telling us that they don't allow boxers on top of it! But luckily she was wrong about that.  I was too upset to ask her about that.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im bad lol... it is an extra $50 a month for our apartment... it is a townhouse though and we just didnt tell them we have a dog

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im sorry that it didnt work out this time but im sure when the time is right another pup will pop up needing to share your home. The one thing i love about my building and my manager besides the apartments being large for our area is that the manager and owner dont deny pets where most places do. There arent any extra fees or anything as long as youre in line with the city laws which is 2 dogs and 4 cats at the limit per home. What are the city laws like where you live?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh i'm sorry things didn't work out. I was really excited for you, you know that I can understand where your coming from with myself also searching for another baby to add to the family. I really do hope you find Baz a cutie pie friend.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's very easy to fall into the trap of wanting another Boxer, especially when everyone on here is getting new puppies, believe me, it's killing me as well...Stick to your guns, and wait for the "right one" at the right time, as hard as it is, it will be worth it....That does suck tho that they changed the policy. Like I said in your other post, we had to pay $500 per dog in So Cal for the house we were renting...Highway robbery....

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for such nice posts!  It really is so hard to wait.   It makes me crazy! I can't believe how expensive it is to own a dog in So Cal! That's insane... That place is a totally difference world from Kansas!  I can't belive Donya doesn't even have a pet policy in her place! That's just insane/nice!  I'm just so excited when we will actually be able to adopt!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts