Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Some European asshole said something of that nature about my Boxer, Duke, one evening. We were walking in downtown New Orleans.

After her insensitive, assuming comment, I looked at that woman who, of course, was overweight herself and I said, “let me get my mirror out of my pocket for you so you can take a look at yourself before you go judging & insulting my baby” - Turned on my heels, gave my best single-finger salute and walked away - never thought about it again, until I read this, that is. Opinions & assholes - so unnecessary!!!!
LOL well that is why I was very circumspect in offering advise to the OP. If you wanna "tick someone off," tell them there dog is fat! And I'll add ... that I have never seen a slim Pug! Just saying. :)

I have the "Opposite Issue??" Kinda ... I did not get my next "White Boxer Female." Sigh I got a girl Pit/Boxer mix ... not a problem with that but I'd have preferred a Male. Bella is pretty much the same in "stature" as was my "Struddell" (Avatar.)

Sigh I never noticed at the time as I had also a male Band Dawg Gunther 85 lbs and my Rocky Over Sized Working Line GSD at 113 lbs. So Stru was one of three at the time. And Bella well she is pretty much the same size as was my Struddell, who actually weighted more than she looked at 65 lbs of solid muscle??

Bella look's pretty much the same but I think she is 55 lbs at the moment?? But compared to my males ... she look's so little-ful???

Sigh just something I notice "now??" I already messed up adding a second female so I suppose a "White Boxer Male??" Will be my second dog??

At any rate you don't wanna be out there calling people's dog's "fat!" Just saying. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have searched and searched and I cannot find a boxer bigger than mine. His name is Tyson and he has weighed as much as 125lbs. He is about 118 currently! He is a AKC registered pure bred boxer.
I'm new to the group and I thank you for sharing. We just left the vets office and my Boy Champ has tipped the scales at 83lbs. Neither he nor I am as active as we used to be. Ill post pics as soon as I pick him up.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I'm new to the group and I thank you for sharing. We just left the vets office and my Boy Champ has tipped the scales at 83lbs. Neither he nor I am as active as we used to be. Ill post pics as soon as I pick him up.
Pictures are always welcome! But if you want "opinion's" you need do a shot of him in profile. Tiny waist and deep chest is about as deep as I go into "Conformation stuff." And strangely enough the AKC seem's to make no mention of Boxer's weight?? Not in the PDF I saw anyway but maybe I missed it???

It seems odd cuz they did raise the weight limit on GSD's?? Ity used to be 75 lbs and now the last I looked it was 90 to 95??? That "used to be over sized?? But not anymore apparently?? My Rocky was bigger still at 113. But he was a large dog ... his paw was as large as my palm! He still had slim waist and deep chest but it was hard to see under all the fur. :)

Now I would give max weight 10% of standard myself. So 83 not that big deal. But if he break's 88 lbs?? That would be time to review option's. Even still, the lower the weight the better it is for there joint's and stuff.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Sounds like a healthy weight. Granted if he is on the smaller side he might be a little bit overweight.

My guy runs between 84-86 and gets a ton of exercise everyday.

And welcome to the forum.(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have searched and searched and I cannot find a boxer bigger than mine. His name is Tyson and he has weighed as much as 125lbs. He is about 118 currently! He is a AKC registered pure bred boxer.
I Believe 1 of my boxers is the biggest i have ever seen I have had the breed since i was a baby in my mid 60 my family from my parents on have had many boxer my vet had never seen 1 that size and I've had some big ones The boxer I'm talking his name was Roscoe at his heaviest he tiped the scale at 140 +his head and body was huge he was purebred he was part reverse brindle with great white markings my vet refers to him as the Arnold S of boxer world but he was a gentle giant with infant and cats and dogs im going to try and up load photo he lived for 13 long good years never used lech in public after i train him he had blood line from the marquee line

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I Believe 1 of my boxers is the biggest i have ever seen I have had the breed since i was a baby in my mid 60 my family from my parents on have had many boxer my vet had never seen 1 that size and I've had some big ones The boxer I'm talking his name was Roscoe at his heaviest he tiped the scale at 140 +his head and body was huge he was purebred he was part reverse brindle with great white markings my vet refers to him as the Arnold S of boxer world but he was a gentle giant with infant and cats and dogs im going to try and up load photo he lived for 13 long good years never used lech in public after i train him he had blood line from the marquee line
140 sound's pretty unreal??? But then again so does dog's that large living that long?? But he does sound like a Boxer and if he could go place's off leash?? Very well trained indeed! Most likely my Struddell could have gone without a leash ... "out and about??" But I was such a Helicopter Dad, that I was never willing to trust quite that much ... my Bad ... I suppose??

Welcome Aboard. :)

61 - 67 of 67 Posts