Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friend's sister in law use to have this Boxer. We brought over Storm (our seal brindle) to my friend's house to show her a while back. Her sister in law was there. She said she owned the biggest Boxer in the US at 160lbs. That she bought him from Germany. Which I highly doubt since that would be expensive right? On top of that 30 days quarintine? How do you find out the biggest Boxer in the US??

We plan on breeding later in the future after we get the dogs tested and getting better knowledge so on still have a few years yet. She told my friend that she found one of her old dog's grandsons (4 weeks old at the moment) and that she would charge me a low stud fee. Which I will not be doing so no worries! I am just a little sad. We had gotten a Boxer a while back from my friend. She had gotten her from the sister in law. She bred this female with the "big" Boxer... had her tied up ALL the time including during breeding time. She bred her since she was 6 months old. Just disappointed. Anyway, I really wanted to know the stuff in the above paragraph.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't have an answer on your questions... I just wanted to stop in and say that if I were her I wouldn't be bragging about a 160lb Boxer - someone should educate her on the Boxer breed standard :whistle:
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Only "boxer" I know that got any where near that is a boxer/mastiff mix.........I have never heard of a purebred boxer weighing that much. Have you seen the dog or seen pictures of this "big" dog?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,155 Posts
My sister has a boxer who is 105. He is not well bred, and has tons of joint issues. Bigger is by no means better as boxers are medium sized dogs. If ever you see people breeding them bigger - run for the hills unless you want to deal with arthitis and hip/joint problems down the line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,902 Posts
160 is a bit unbelievable to me, but who knows. . .maybe it was 5 feet tall too :lol:

Zulu is bigger then average, 27ins tall and about 88lbs, and has v.good euro bloodlines, but he's all Boxer and loads more to love, some are just bigger/smaller then others :) .

But 160lbs. . .well.. .i dont know about that :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Theres a "breeder" breeding 2 males in NC that are 133 and 140lbs! They are definetly BYBs and badly bred!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, she showed me a picture. He looked full blooded but it was on a cell phone. And at the most he looked about 100lbs one of the heavier Boxers. Rocky, my male, looks almost the same size he just needs to fill out more. I think my male weighs at least 90lbs now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,744 Posts
I had a "freak of nature" rottie that weighed 170lbs, so to imagine a boxer around the same, I don't see it. But if so, I agree with Heather. Watch the hips, joints and knees go in no time just as they did with Charlie who ended up having to be put down at only 6.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,744 Posts
I had a "freak of nature" rottie that weighed 170lbs, so to imagine a boxer around the same, I don't see it. But if so, I agree with Heather. Watch the hips, joints and knees go in no time just as they did with Charlie who ended up having to be put down at only 6.

 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
RoxyGirl22 said:
Theres a "breeder" breeding 2 males in NC that are 133 and 140lbs! They are definetly BYBs and badly bred!
8O :mad: 8O :mad: 8O :mad: 8O :mad: 8O :mad: 8O :mad:

Poor puppies I don't even want to think of the health issues this is going to cause!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,314 Posts
SuzyQ is on the larger size for a female - 70-75lbs. I have seen boxers bigger than her, but nowhere near 160. You would think that almost has to be a mix. I don't know anything about SuzyQ's back round, we got her at 3 mos old from a couple who didn't want her and I'm afraid would have taken her to the pound or humane society. They said they had the necessary documents to register but didn't know where they were and I never rec'd them. I'm sure she was from a BYB. She looks all boxer and her vet thinks so too, we fell in love with her so didn't care if she was registered or not. Although we have been extremely lucky, she has had less health problems then any other dog we have ever had. If it was a BYB they must have luckily stumbled on a good combination.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
Do we still have our height and weight chart? If I remember right there was one boxer on there that was around 100, but I think Zulu wins for biggest boxer with good lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,306 Posts
Hey Theresa, nice to see you!!! I know totally off topic :) Yes the data base is on the front page....I'm with Heather on this one, I wouldn't be bragging about having a Boxer that size..It's totally against breed standard, German or otherwise...
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Whoa.. all I can think of is a hyperactive boxer coming at me at 160lbs.!!! :razz: :mad: 8O
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
samsonsmom said:
Hey Theresa, nice to see you!!! I know totally off topic :) Yes the data base is on the front page....I'm with Heather on this one, I wouldn't be bragging about having a Boxer that size..It's totally against breed standard, German or otherwise...
:up: Well hello! Sorry I kind of went away for a while, I'll see what I can do about sticking around longer this time :D I miss my boxer buddies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,902 Posts
CrazieKC said:
Do we still have our height and weight chart? If I remember right there was one boxer on there that was around 100, but I think Zulu wins for biggest boxer with good lines.
Hahahhaha he is 88lbs now. . .hes trimming down for his speedo :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,597 Posts
It's like these people breeding 100+ lb pitbulls....usually pits mixed with mastiffs....."blue hippos"

ridiculous
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
zulu said:
CrazieKC said:
Do we still have our height and weight chart? If I remember right there was one boxer on there that was around 100, but I think Zulu wins for biggest boxer with good lines.
Hahahhaha he is 88lbs now. . .hes trimming down for his speedo :mrgreen:
Ohh Zulu, baybay! lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
ok extremely off topic but omg kelli is that bear in your siggy??? he makes binga look like a puppy lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,902 Posts
CrazieKC said:
zulu said:
CrazieKC said:
Do we still have our height and weight chart? If I remember right there was one boxer on there that was around 100, but I think Zulu wins for biggest boxer with good lines.
Hahahhaha he is 88lbs now. . .hes trimming down for his speedo :mrgreen:
Ohh Zulu, baybay! lmao
I think his speedo pics will be nothing compared to Nikitas Masion pics . . .that gal was smoking hahhahaha :ROTFLMAO:
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top