Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our boy Baz doesn't understand that there is an arm in long sleeve shirts, sometimes I forget to roll up my sleeves when we play and he'll bite me pretty hard totally playing.  I'm not quite sure how to train him out of this.  When we tell him to be careful or gentle he'll stop playing all together.  He totally understands when the skin is exposed but otherwise he thinks the fabric is protection of some sort.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make him realize there is an arm in sleeves?  
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've tried the yelping noises he thinks it's funny I think! I'll try to spay something on my sleeves, that's a great idea.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Mom2BoNLaila\";p=\"50680 said:
Maybe spray sleeves with bitter apple or make high pitched yelping noise when he bites hard.
I agree with this. Sorry i could not be of much help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
if he bits you...turn away from him and give him no attention at all..that el get him!!!  hey hate that!!!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yeah I agree with Bella.  Any bite and playtime is over......you don't have to yell and scream, you just say NO or NO BITE and stop playing and start ignoring.  Eventually he'll make the connection.  You act disappointed that he stops playing when corrected.  That's a good thing he stops playing because biting your arm shouldn't be acceptable, but the ending of playtime should be decided and initiated by YOU!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are really good ideas, I'll just ignore him, what we've been doing is just saying no and trying to stop it and continue to play, we'll just stop the play all together for a while.  He does hate being ignores he'll usually talk to us until we give him attention it's super cute.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i cant add anything those are excellant ideas !! i think the ignoring will be it.they hate that haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts