Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue had been doing really great with his biting habits, and we got him to stop chewing on us. Then he got really sick!  They think he was bite by a tick, and it caused him not to move at all.  He wouldn't even get out of his cage to eat, and when we took him out to the bathroon, he would yelp if we touched him.  After all the antibotics, he is back to his old self, but is now chewing everything in sight.  The molding on the walls, the coffee table, our legs, our arms, our feet, etc.   I could go on forever listing things!  He will not listen, he just keeps biting no matter what methods we have tried.  I don't know what to do anymore!  He is ruining our furiture and hurting us!  Help!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh, poor baby!  :eek:   I'm glad he's doing better.  Sounds like maybe training needs to start over again, but I'm no expert.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I forget, how old is he? It does sound like you may have to start all over again with his training. Re-direct the bad behavior to a "good" object, a toy, nylabone, kong, something like that...Depending on his age, if he's still young, could he also be teething?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Oh sorry he's been sick.  But I'd agree with those above that you probably have to start over with the training and redirect his chewing urges to something that is okay for him to have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts