Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,  Sirius is a puppy who loves to chew........what puppy doesn't?  We decided to buy some bitter spray to help steer him away from items we don't want him to chew on.

Turns out, he loves the taste of the spray  8O .  We sprayed a little on our hands to give him a taste, and he went to town.

Ok, so I had to know.  How bad does it taste?  So a put a small drop on my finger and took a lick!  YUCK!!!!!  I recommend not trying it at home.  I could not get the taste out of my mouth. It was ingrained in my tastebuds.  I had to eat 3 dill pickles to finally get the taste out of my mouth  :D  

Anyone else have any experience with these types of products?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahahaha Sirius !! thats cute !! i have heard this over and over from so many people..lol...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
No experience, we just redirected to what they could have instead, but OMG I just about spit diet pepsi at my screen   :rofl:  :rofl: Toooo funny that you actually tasted it!!! Even funnier it didn't have the expected outcome with Sirius!!! Figures, silly dogs :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
:lol: OMG I can't stop laughing!

We had the exact same thing happen! I caught Jasmine "eyeing" the ottoman when she was teeny-tiny and since it's still somewhat new I thought to myself oh no you don't... A friend of mine at work recommended the bitter spray... awesome... I go get it, spay the heck out of the ottoman and what do ya know? The crazy pup is licking the sofa like a lolly-pop! To make matters worse my step-daughter loves to lay on it when she's watchin' toons and came into the kitchen w/ this look on her face (this is the part that I start laughing at)... I guess she got some in her mouth somehow??

Later that month (yeah that stuff lasts) I sat on the ottoman and touched it w/ my hand or something, then touched my mouth... and I fully understand why the poor kid looked the way she did!  8O

I can't believe you sprayed some on your finger and licked it! I can only imagine..........

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Mine have all liked it also.  Every single one of them.  It has been worthless for my use.  Get nuclear hot pepper sauce and douse things with that.  Leashes, what ever you don't care if it ruins with a reddish stain.  Otherwise the redirect and puppy proofing are best.

Nano

·
Registered
648 Posts
LOL I looked everywhere for bitter apple when britney was little. HOwever, I could only find bitter orange....and samething it didn't work! I think boxers like the challenge to lick and handle the taste hehehe Re direct has been the only thing that has worked for me..

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea we tried that with Buck and Tia, didn't work, tried Tabasco, they loved it... :roll: You could get like Nan said, some more potent hot ssauce to try..I know some people use cayenne pepper with good results....I had to laugh tho, I never tried it and I am just imagining what it would taste like to have to eat 3 dill pickles to get rid of the taste :lol:

·
Registered
602 Posts
You know it worked wonders for my Brannon just the sight off that Bottel would stop him from doing whatever it was he was doing.  Winston on the other Hand LOVES IT, He just licks it like it was a wonderful treat... UGH I was wondering if his taste buds were off with him being white and all like maybe that was another issue he has but maybe not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts