Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I joined this forum because I'm considering a boxer, the one's I have found are advertised as "black boxers" and the breeder calls the dam sealed (black). The sire is just your typical brindle w white.

From my research the black boxer isn't a purebred unless it has very, very dark brindle that just makes the dog look black.. I see hints of brown on the pups but it's difficult to tell.. all the pups are black as well with bits of white on their chest or paws. The breeder isn't selling them for a high price either because of them being black. My question is - should I purchase one? I've read quite a bit on the black boxers and have learned quite a bit of information... I just wanted to see what you guys would say. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I would stay away from any breeder adevertising black boxers. To me its all a gimick and the likely hood of such breeders not following the breed standard and likely not fully health testing thier stock.

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
Black is seal,no biggie...probably use black as a better indicator for misinformed prospects..shouldnt be cheaper nor more expensive then a traditional color dog either

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
Black, aka Sealed brindle is a pet peeve of mine. It doesn't exist.......meaning the coat colour does not exist in our breed yet it has made its way into it.

I immediately walk away from anyone who is deliberately breeding for this coat colour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts