Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that there is no such thing as a black brindle (they don't have the gene).  How come on my CKC Certified Pedigree it states that Tango's father is "boxer, male, black brindle & white, black mask"????  What do you think is up with that?

Is there anyway to take these Pedigrees and do some further internet research?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i would contact ckc and ask them personally. Find out why their papers will show a color that is not in the boxer gene pool. as far as interenet research i cant help you on that one

·
Registered
537 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Black brindle is different than Black. Maybe that was their way of saying reverse brindle, but they do technically say the word "brindle" which is different than a plain black dog.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great!  Now I'm worried about what I actually even have here.  Not that I would ever love him any less!!!  How do I even know he's a purebred?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My_Harleigh\";p=\"94562 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Black brindle is different than Black. Maybe that was their way of saying reverse brindle, but they do technically say the word "brindle" which is different than a plain black dog.
Maybe you're right!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
There is a DNA test you can have done, let me see if I can find the thread.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
OK here is what Sharon said in another post:

Well I can for sure see the boxer in him.  I would guess that he may have some sort of pointer, spaniel or hound in him also....If you really want to know for sure then you could ask your vet if they offer DNA breed testing.  If not you can order a kit an do it yourself for probably less $$

http://www.mmigenomics.com/CHBTKits/order.php

·
Registered
880 Posts
I agree with above they probably are just referring to the color being a DARK brindle.  Appearing black with brown stripes.  Pure black doesn't exist, dark brindles that appear black do.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) is not a garbage registry it is the equivalent of AKC but is for Canadians. CKC in America is something else i think continental kennel club or something like that and it is not as reputable as CKC (canada) and AKC from my understanding.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote="HannaBanana\";p=\"94592":yrld5nyw]Is you CKC (Candian Kennel Club) and did you see the parents?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Yeah the Canadian one is the good one, the other CKC is the bad one.   CKC (Canadian) you are right equil to the AKC.    Did you have a pedigree you can research for lineage?  I have done that with mine.   Its always fun and interesting to see who their ancestors are.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They gave us the Certified Pedigree certificates of the mom and dad.  I'm new at all this!  I've had dogs my whole life, but this is my first time dealing with a breeder and registrations and all this fun stuff!   :D I was wondering if I can take these certificates and look up more "family" stuff on the 'Net...

G

·
0 Posts
The "bad" CKC is Continental Kennel Club.  I asked questions and talked a lot in another topic about this.  Its not as reputable as AKC.  

I know my Binga is a pure boxer and she is CKC..   there is no denying it.  BUT with CKC there is no telling down the line what went on.  People could be dishonest about their AKC dogs too...  but its easier to get away with not having a pure bred dog with CKC.

That is what I understood...   I'm not saying that is the way it is.  Just kinda the jist I got of it

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

(i didn't know all the details about the CKC until AFTER I had Binga...   I wouldn't change a thing though.  I couldn't imagine life without her   :)   )

G

·
0 Posts
ooops, sorry, I didn't know you were Canadian...my booboo...i thought you meant continental kennel club...sorry

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
A lot of breeders on their sites have links to their dogs pedigrees and sometimes pics as well, that's a good start. It also could be just a "wording" issue. What they call black, we would say as being a "sealed" or reverse...Bets place to start is with the breeder..Shoot off an e-mail with some of your questions and see what they have to say...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts