Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
The AKC won't register black boxers. The breed doesn't have a black homozygous gene like Labs. There is a reverse brindle boxer that has a black background, but with fawn strips throughout the black.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
I don't see anything mentioned about health testing? Am I missing something?
You're not "missing" something, I did not look for that myself but yes very important!

OP should at least have a look here to see what to look for:
Home

And she is a member here! :)

I was just "intrigued" by the "Black Boxer" thing ... those dogs are "seriously" dark but despite that ... thy don't actually claim them to be "black??" Kinda odd ... I'd luv to see one of them in the "Real world." :)

·
Super Moderator
7,007 Posts
The breeder you listed is striving for a coat colour that doesn't exist in our breed. Some where in those pedigrees something else was introduced to get that "sealed" coat. This coat colour is frowned upon with reputable breeders and is usually produced by less than reputable breeders.

Ignoring the coat colour, I hate when people put champion in their kennel name but actually put no effort into showing their dogs. It's just to make them sound better than what they are. I also see no mention of health testing so that alone would make me pass on them as a breeder.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
LOL ... well I'm certainly not going to disagree with "you!" But this "Breeder" is kinda odd?? They acknowledge that there are no "Black Boxers."

They state they are actually a "reverse" Brindle and they do say a three year health guarantee but it seems a little "vague" on what it is "exactly" that they cover??? ?:)

I do recall reading "somewhere" that a "Black Lab" was introduced awhile back by "some Breeders" and then back to "Boxers" to get the "Boxer" type but I don't think that's what these guys did?? I don't know but those dogs are indeed "seriously dark??"

Just kinda odd???

·
Super Moderator
7,007 Posts
Reverse brindles ar normal within the boxer breed. Sealed are not.

They are just trying to come across as knowledgable while giving a BS excuse as to what they are actually doing. I'm not saying they have personally added in another breed but way back some where someone did and now these types of "breeders" are trying to cash in on the unique coat colour. Believe it or,not but there was a breeder selling Black and Tan boxers (marked like a rotti) several years ago claiming them to be purebred.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Reverse Brindle and Sealed Brindle are not the same thing??? I had no idea?? I've never seen either in "Real Life??"

And the "Lab" no neither you or the "Breeder" mentioned that ... it was something I found somewhere and read ... a way to "introduce" the gene for "Black" into "Boxers" and then you back to get type a "True" look. Something like that???

In GSD land ... the "King Shepherd" causes a lot of "consternation"a dog that looks like a "GSD" but is not ... much different, later and different "Temperament" a dog that "looks like a GSD" but is not. Great Pyramids and Huskies among others were used to get the "Size" and then back "Breed" to GSD's to get that look. Much more of an "issue" free, larger dog, 125 lbs and a taller dog than a GSD. + seems to be "typical." ANd "King Shepherds" are "Family Dogs." :)

Lots of us have Over Size GSD' typically 95 to 116 lbs "apparently" ... not uncommon but yes OS. A GSD is a medium size dog 75 lbs "typically" but lots of 95+ dogs out there. But over there the "Elitist" ... seem to luv to push the size of the "Kings" downward and when they get into the "116" "Ball Park" it tends to "light us OS owners up! :)

For me the only question I have as regards the "Euro's" is are they as "Goofy" as the "American Line line dogs???" I'm not looking for a "Working Line GSD" in Boxer clothes myself. :)

And "Black Champion Boxers" ... I did see a 3 year health guarantee ...but I did not see what exactly it covered???

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
Reverse brindles ar normal within the boxer breed. Sealed are not.

They are just trying to come across as knowledgable while giving a BS excuse as to what they are actually doing. I'm not saying they have personally added in another breed but way back some where someone did and now these types of "breeders" are trying to cash in on the unique coat colour. Believe it or,not but there was a breeder selling Black and Tan boxers (marked like a rotti) several years ago claiming them to be purebred.
There is a female in my neighborhood which is exactly like that...stunning color,huuuge female but certainly not up to specs

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
A reverse American/Euro girl of ours.
The ears seem a little long, she will grow into them I imagine??? But ... "Yes" ... that is the "Face" (not a Pro term??") That I expect to see on the "Euro" girls ... Luv it! :)

·
Super Moderator
7,007 Posts
Chip, that reverse girl is very American looking and her ears are a long show crop. She weighs all of 53lbs and is very dainty. Here is a couple more full European girls of ours

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
Leyla has a broad forehead,stubby nose and bottom lip that comes up right to the middle of her muzzle...must be near what you guys call European

She is also 75lbs

·
Registered
84 Posts
Chip, that reverse girl is very American looking and her ears are a long show crop. She weighs all of 53lbs and is very dainty. Here is a couple more full European girls of ours
Kari, just like "4paws", Diesel and I wanna be at your house. Boxer heaven! :) They are lovely! Your girls are BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Kari, do they have breeders in Canada who are involved in Schutzhund with their German Boxers? I'm only familiar with German dogs from these types of breeders here. The reverse brindle is a gorgeous color, especially when they are in the sun. The ones I've seen have very little white.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts