Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 year old boxer boy who has been diagnosed with diabetes incepitus has developed some large dark areas on his tummy.  They seem to be scabbed over though I don't know when he got them.  They are itchy because he makes his leg move like he wants to scratch them.  I put cream on the spot and he now has developed another spot a few inches from the first one which is about the size of a silver dollar, the other is the size of a quarter.  I am afraid that he may have cancer.  Taking him to the vet tomorrow.  Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I don't have an answer for your question, but welcome to the Forum from all of us in Utah.  There are a lot of experienced people here and 'm sure you'll get an answer.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Chloe had a spot like that on her back.. It was a raised area that was all black and also scabby. After her vet checked it under the microscope , informed me it needed to come off and biopsy ASAP because it did show signs of a mast cell tumor. But the biopsy showed it was just a pretty bad allergic reaction to a bug bite that had a lot of inflammation.Praying that's all it is with your boxer too. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
It's probably bruising due to the diabetes.  Does it look like liver spots?  I'd call your vet and let him/her know what is happening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote="Kate\";p=\"33690":23kvdo3h]I don't have an answer for your question, but welcome to the Forum from all of us in Utah.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ChloeBellesMommy\";p=\"33691 said:
Chloe had a spot like that on her back.. It was a raised area that was all black and also scabby. After her vet checked it under the microscope , informed me it needed to come off and biopsy ASAP because it did show signs of a mast cell tumor. But the biopsy showed it was just a pretty bad allergic reaction to a bug bite that had a lot of inflammation.Praying that's all it is with your boxer too. Please keep us posted.
 Thank you so much for your response, your concern and especially, your prayers.  I am thinking it is probably a cancer and am trying to think positive.  We are going this afternoon to see the vet.  I'll let you know what the verdict is.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome, and good luck at the vet today. We will be hoping for the best. Please let us know how it goes.  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  I hope that you get good news from the vet today, please let us know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote="Zhazhie\";p=\"33683":lx0337kp]My 13 year old boxer boy who has been diagnosed with diabetes incepitus has developed some large dark areas on his tummy.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
That is such good news!!!  I'm so glad it wasn't anything more serious and that you had your vet check it out so you don't have to worry any more.  WTG Hunter!!! Get better quick!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum...As I am owned by a senior as well, my Samson is 10 1/2, I really do love to hear stories of others with older boxers....Glad to hear that it was nothing serious and can be cleared up easily and quickly...Bless you for taking that sweetheart in years ago when someone adondoned him...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Happy to hear everything is fine!!  :D  BTW, I forgot to say Welcome to the forums before. Sorry!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sadie and me! I am so glad to hear that it's not cancer. Give hunter a hug from Sadie.  :)  We would love to see some pics of Hunter!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts