Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a total random curiousity question..... I've noticed on some of the pics here and on Lulu herself, in the white part on her chest, I see little black dots.    Does anyone know where these black dots come from?   Is this some sort of blood line/breeding/heritage thing?

Just curious.  Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Just pigmentation. I actually call them age spots because they seem to get more as they age, although Maddie is full of them and she just turned 3!  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah has some spots on her belly and she has one spot on her tongue too.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Oscar has just a couple fawn spots on his white chest!  Now in competition is that a negative to have a fawn spot on a white area even if the white area covers less than 1/3rd of the dog.  I've never noticed on the "show" dogs the spots, maybe they are cleverly hidden?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
8O refer to pic below..of dalmation disquise lol..Isis is now 6 1/2..her spots were no where near that 2 yrs ago ! remember shes soaking wet in that pic but still you can see the spots super well...its crazy and they are ALL skin spots not fur..only spots in fur are fawn spots coming through on her hips and 2 dark brindle ones on her ear

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hummmmm.... wonder what causes that?    Again, just curiousity.

When Lulu was little, I didn't see any spots.   She's now 9 months, and I'm just now starting to see some (very faint black) on her chest where she has a white patch.  

Just didn't know if these came from what they were bred with YEARS AND YEARS (ancestors) before or.........?????

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Blitzen had no skin spots when we brought her home at 10 weeks, just a couple TINY fawn and brindle hair markings. Now at 6 months the black skin spots are going CRAZY 8O Her belly is covered and some are starting to appear on her legs and shoulders. I swear there are more every day!!! Kelly picks on her all the time.....tells her" we didn't ask for a spotted dog, we asked for a white one so if she gets JUST ONE more spot she's got to go" hahahahaha as if, she's a natural born Daddys Girl :lol: Donner and Sophie always had black skin spots on their white areas that got bigger as they got older.

G

·
0 Posts
my youngest puppy has a couple black spots coming through on her "blaze" on her face and one or two on her belly.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:wink: they like to dress up as dalmations sometimes for fun

1 - 20 of 21 Posts