Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I purchased my boxer from a friend of a friend who is a breeder. He's black with white running under his chin down to his belly and white paws. People stop me all the time and ask if he's a pit. I started reading about the breed and was shocked to see that black is genetic impossibility. Can someone help me. He's 10 weeks old. Could he be a purebred?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Technically you are correct, that "black" is not possible, but you can have a sealed brindle which appears black. In direct sunlight you can see the tan very faintly in a sealed brindle. Not sure about your pup, easiest way is to see the parents.

Pic of my friends sealed brindle boxer.

Plant Dog Dog breed Green Carnivore

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the reply! Very interesting and yes upon further inspection I see the tan. Your friends dog (left) looks so much like my pup. Now I can see what he'll look like as an adult. I didn't realize how big they are! Again thanks 👍

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks so much for the reply! Very interesting and yes upon further inspection I see the tan. Your friends dog (left) looks so much like my pup. Now I can see what he'll look like as an adult. I didn't realize how big they are! Again thanks 👍
No problem, glad I could help. My friends dog is an american line female right at about 65 lbs. Mine is a male, mix of euro & american lines, he stays at around 85lbs. Congrats on your new addition and best of luck going forward. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts