Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, something weird just happened.  I came home and gave Oggie a chew.  The chew is white and green and all of a sudden I noticed teh white parts had red on it.  Apparently hes bleeding in the back of his mouth.  I tried to look in the back of his mouth but I can't see any damage.  I just went to the vet the other day and they said he pretty much has all his adult teeth now (hes 17 weeks.)  Am I paranoid or this a cause for concern?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
more than likely when he was chewing on it a piece splintered off and scratched him. i would keep an eye on him but i would think he would be ok :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Puppies lose their teeth in a distinct pattern: first the small front teeth come out. Then the premolars just behind the canines. Then the molars in the back come out (and you'll see adult molars behind those erupting as well). Finally the canine teeth come out. Sometimes the adult canines erupt before the baby canines have come all the way out.
During this time, some discomfort, including bleeding gums is to be expected. Your puppy will want to chew more during this period of time, but it may also be too painful to do so. You will probably find few if any of the teeth your puppy loses, as puppies typically swallow them.  I'm guessing he's still teething at 17 weeks and this is normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts