Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has what? I currently am with Blockbuster but am so pissed at them i am thinking of switching to Netflix!! the past 8 DVD's I have received through the mail have been scratched, they skip, its the wrong DVD or it is so badly scratched that it is unwatchable.  :x I was 20 minutes into P.S I Love You tonight and it starts skipping scenes and then just stops, and i get a message saying the disc is unreadable!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am still just going down to the video store and renting them or we do "on demand" through our cable. I am scared to do the through the mail thing.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I do Blockbuster -haven't had any major issues.
Only twice did they screw up - got a completely wrong movie once and the other time got the movie extra DVD instead of the movie.
I love having it and the option of going to the actual store and getting even extra movies.

I would be pissed, too, though, if I was halfway through a movie and that happened. Sowwy!
And considering it's your last 8 - I would have to guess maybe it's the distribution center - I would write a letter to customer service. That's unacceptable. They owe you something.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
I do Netflix, on the advice of my big sister. I have found they have wayyyy more titles available than Blockbuster. I do the 2 at a time, unlimited monthly rentals for $13.99, and have not gotten a bunk disc yet.
Pupnamed Penny; It's really easy to do by mail, and the postage is paid for by them. They provide you a return envelope, and the titled can be scanned thru a little window on top. When I return mine on one day, I have my new discs 3 days later, it never fails. I LOVE netflix!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I also do Netflix....was with Blockbuster and switched....not really because of disc problems, but because they have more options it seems.  I originally went with Blockbuster thinking it was cool to be able to switch them at the store....but after several months I noticed I never used that....I am happy w/Netflix

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ohDawn-they got an ear....well email full from me!! i let them know how unhappy i was and that i was thinking of switching due to all the problems. I have had it for a year or so....maybe longer and we just the one movie at a time so we dont get burnt out but these past few months they just cant seem to get ANYTHING right!! :(

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I've been a netflix user since 2005.  At that time they were the only game in town that would deliver discs.  Also you couldn't and still can't beat the movie selection they have, its for true film buffs.  Loved the website too, being able to manage your queue and write reviews and check out what your friends are watching.  I really love now they have differenet payment plans, before it was a flat $20 a month.  Unfortunately I have soured on them a bit, a lot of their discs come damaged.  You really notice this if you are trying to watch a tv series.  I tried to get through the second season of Rome and seriously had to give up.  Theres like 12 discs or something ridiculous and I kept getting ones that wouldn't work.  Or the worst, the ones that work for 3/4 of the movie and then refuse to go further.  Kids movies especially are scratched, you'd swear kids are using them as frisbees.  I've also gotten discs that were cracked by the post office (can you believe they put a rubber band around a netflix package?)  It's not really Netflix fault but there unfortunately is limitations to their methods.  On-demand would be perfect if they had ANY selection whatsoever.  The future is clearly a digital delivery and from what I read, Netflix is designing a box that goes on top of your tv so they can send the movie to you through a signal.  It'd be like buying a DVD player basically.  Not sure what the monthly cost would be from that point.  I am looking forward to that because if this continues I will probably cancel.   If you're a casual movie watcher who only cares about the new releases, it's probably easier to do Blockbuster.  Because if you receive a scratched disc, you can just go to a store and get a replacement.  That way you don't go without a movie for the entire weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts