Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took jessie out for a walk... She pooped and at the very end of the poo, there was a line of red it was about an inch long.  Just a line of red... Im assuming that it was blood!!!  She pooped at about 10:30 this morning and there was no blood that I saw anyway!  And the only thing she has done since then was:
eat about half of her food bowl with some yogart...
and I gave her a bath right before I took her out!

I tried doing a search but i suck at it.  

I dont have my car so i cant bring her to the vet today.  Im going to call to see when i can make an appointment.  I just want peoples opinions on what could be causing this?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hmm I dont know but Id take her to the vet as soon as you can!

When Roxy was a little younger I thought she had blood in her poo and so I scoop it up take her and it to the vet to find out she ate a red crayon :roll:

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I would just watch it.  Sometimes mine get a little blood from time to time from straining.    I would keep an eye on the stools, and see if it persists and if it does then may get it checked out.   If isolated incident, then I would not worry.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote="HannaBanana\";p=\"125282":1sscay6k]I would just watch it.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Yeah sometimes stress and staining can cause a little blood spot IMO but if its a regular think I would bring attention to it.    Hope it was a one time thing:)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hope it is a one time thing too and won't happen again.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I've seen both Samson & Angel do that, one time only, I would freak and then the next time they would be fine...Hoping that's how it is for Jessie too

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like it was a one time thing.  I've inspected every poop since then and i havent seen any blood!  Whew!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Glad all is well....sometimes there can be a blood looking mucas at the end of a stool and it is just the normal shedding of the intestional tract.....it is similiar to montly cycles in women shedding the uterin tract.........(sorry but best way I know to explain it) :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is what happened to me when I got Mocha.  I had her about 2 weeks and her stool only one time was blood in it and I was freaking!  Then i waited and no blood in the stool but I took her to the vets and she had worms!  I gave her the worming meds and the next day the poop had worms in it! I was shocked.

I would take her in just to see.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have an appointment next week

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
hope all is well with Jessie...Maverick had that when we brought him home..not the blood but worms and when we gave him the meds it was sooooo gross because his poop was FULL of worms!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Gaby had this about a month or so ago, and it was just a one time thing, I'm assuming it was like Sharon mentioned normal shedding of the intestional tract because I haven't seen it since....what I do is when ever I got to the vet I bring a poo sample with me and have it tested just to make sure everything is in order...brought one in last friday with me when I had her spayed, and all is well...I'm sure Jessie will be fine :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts