Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question pls can any of you tell me if its common for boxers to have blood sugard problems if so cause my new puppy scared me tonite she totally had died on me i had to bring her back and i gave her some syrup to bring it back up and shes fine now pls help. :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: hi

Take her to an EMERGENCY VET...NOW!!!  Don't screw around!!!  This could kill your dog!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

If I read your intro correctly your pup is only around 9 weeks old? You need to get her to the vet NOW. Please don't wait, this was not normal at all. Your puppy may be acting okay now, but what happened needs to be addressed with a vet right away. If this happens again, you may not be so lucky. Please update us on this little pup. BTW, what is her name?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

Please let us know what your vet says.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

sounds like hypoglycemia (sp?) it is not common in the med-lg breed dogs. mostly found in small breeds. Please let us know how she is- i lost a pom puppy i rescued partially to this. it is sad. I hope everything is well-keep us posted

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Please, let us know what the vets says, ok?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

In severe instances of hypoglycemia, a puppy can seizure. Proper glucose or sugar levels are needed for brain tissue/activity and to control the mucles. Hypoglycemia episodes can cause your puppy to fall over and seem weak or even complete comatose. In addition, a heart that does not function right can have the some of the same symptoms.

Not something to mess with....For sure go see your vet as soon as possible!!!!!!!.....Do not wait to see what happens the next time.

·
Registered
508 Posts

As everyone else had said i hope you had taken your pup to the emergency or vet. And let us know how it goes. That must have been scary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts