Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is a concern or not.  we have noticed on occasssion that the whites in madeline's eyes go red when she gets excited or after a long play romp.  does anyone else notice this or have this problem?  is it a boxer thing?

i'll try to find some pics if i can...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I wouldn't be concerned as long as there's not any abnormal discharge coming from her eyes (clear is ok).  Beckham's eyes get really red and very droopy when he's exhausted.  We'll put him down for a nap and just like a human child after his nap his eyes are back to normal.

Also there are some boxers that just naturally have pinkish whites.  
From what you said though it doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's a droopy eye thing more than anything..I definitely notice it with Angel when she's tired..

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
ditto above. Savannah is worse than Reese, but they both get red and droopy at times.....especially when they are tired

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Kane has no pigment in the third eyelid on one ride side which always looks white or bloodshot red, but has dark pigment on in the third eyelid on the left side.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I notice it a lot with Jessie but I wouldnt have a concern over it at all. Unless there is a weird discharge

·
Registered
292 Posts
YES! Guido gets this pretty bad. Macy doesn't though. Guido's eyes are immediately red when he starts barking or he has been playing for a long time.

Nothing to worry about. If they are red all the time, then she may have allergies.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone.  as new puppy parents we will probably question EVERYTHING out of the ordinary!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts