Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Blue Boxer puppy. The Blue Boxer is a designer or cross breed dog between the Scottish Bull Terrier and Boxer dog. It turns out with blue eyes and a blue (gray) coat. I have been looking for a breader anywhere on the East Coast or the Midwest. If you have any information please contact me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Where did you hear of such a thing? And what makes you want one? I am curious btw not accusatory. Tone doesn't translate well so I try to clarify.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About four years ago a friend of my brother had one. He drove from upstate NY to Ohio to pick it up. I thought he was crazy till he brought it home and it was so beautiful. I love the boxer bread but have heard that mixing it with something helps with the heart problems. This mix keeps the boxer features and is said to be healthier. The only people I have known that have heard of them are veterinarians and a few breeders but no one knows where to get one.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Never heard of it! Not to sound like a jerk but I doubt you will find any help here as we do not condone BYBs and I doubt there are any reputable breeders breeding blue boxers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the coment but there is a very large demand for hybrid dogs and it just keeps growing as they continue to prove to be heathier.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Thanks for the info but these "hybrid" dogs are just mutts :roll:  shelters are full of them. Good luck with your search

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Huh??? A mix between a Scottish Bull Terrier and a Boxer? Would love to see a picture if you have one. Can't picture it at all.

·
Registered
374 Posts
that would make a cute bumper sticker - I've never underderstood the concept of "designer" breeds...they're mutts that were intentionally bred and cost a lot....and usually bred by BYBs (if you're lucky and it's not a puppymill)  Lots of pet stores seem to have these so call designer dogs.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Yeah, I can't imagine any reputable breeder experimenting like a science project...hmmm, wonder what will happen if we mate THIS dog with THAT dog!! 8O

·
Registered
537 Posts
Stupid and ignorant IMO

G

·
0 Posts
How long have they been breeding this "hybrid"? I would be careful because a breeder may say there are less health problems but if they have only been breeding them for a few years then they don't really have much experience with long term health issues. As said before, ''experimenting'' with mixing various breeds isn't something we encourage on this site. We are all for adopting all sorts of dogs whether they are pure breed or a loveable mutt but mixing two dogs just to see what happens (and to make money) is irresponsible and immoral.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Just because Uncle Cletus couldn't stop his dog from jumping the fence doesn't mean you should pay good money for the result, especially when they are free at the shelter down the street. But if you like throwing your money away, I have some rare black boxers to sell you!   :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Don't forget the rare whiteys!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The only blue boxers I can find are these:

·
Registered
54 Posts
its weird.. i just saw a very dark grayish reverse brindle boxer in one of the Boxerforums gallery that i thought was blue at first. i think it was one of Cocosmom's fur kid as a pup.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts