Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Philip260\";p=\"183351 said:
its weird.. i just saw a very dark grayish reverse brindle boxer in one of the Boxerforums gallery that i thought was blue at first. i think it was one of Cocosmom's fur kid as a pup.
that was a rescue that had HORRIBLE MANGE and is just now getting its fur back

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
tootsie\";p=\"183343 said:
The only blue boxers I can find are these:

haa Lisa lmao!!! :lol:  :lol:

[quote="HannaBanana\";p=\"183304":lw5y8nwg]
What makes you want a dog, the color of their eyes or reasons behind a breed?

·
Registered
397 Posts
HannaBanana\";p=\"183304 said:
What makes you want a dog, the color of their eyes or reasons behind a breed?  IMO if you are looking for a hybrid, picked the wrong forum honey, can get you a good reference for a Toyota Prius but thats the only hybrid (bred and bought purposely) that will be on this forum.

**By selecting a dog that is mixed with another breed you are opening yourself up to not one breed health risks but now two.  So fall victium to the fad, ride the hybrid train and good luck to ya.

LOVE THE DOG FOR THE DOG, NOT THE PAINT JOB!
well said!

umm, You can buy your boxer a pretty blue shirt instead  :lol:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The Scottish Bull Terrier (aka Blue Paul Terrier) is an extinct "breed" - which really was probably never a breed, but a variety of the Bull Terriers of the time.  Some Blue Pauls were used in the development of American Staffordshire Terriers, but they have not survived as a distinct breed.  There are any number of AmStaff/Boxer crosses; you can probably find one in a larger municipal shelter within a reasonable period of time.  

AmStaffs and Boxers share the following common health problems:
Aortic/SubAortic Stenosis
Hip Dysplasia
Hypothyroidism
Cleft Palate
Cryptorchidism

That means there is no advantage to mixing these breeds as far as those health issues are concerned.

In addition, other common Boxer health issues are:
Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy
Degenerative Myelopathy

Other common AmStaff health issues are:
Spinocerebellar Ataxia
Pulmonic Stenosis
Elbow Dysplasia
Progressive Retinal Atrophy

Five shared conditions, plus six additional ones that are only found in one of the breeds.  So instead of seven issues for Boxers, and nine for Amstaffs, you have eleven for "Blue Boxers".  Some of the non-shared are recessive conditions, so there may be an advantage for first-generation mixes, but none for future generations.  ARVC - the most serious Boxer heart condition, is a dominant trait, so there is no advantage to mixing breeds as far as that condition is concerned.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Congrats you have just been PWND by Jennifer.

I think we need as a whole just remove the ability for people to post rediculous things....but allow Sully to keep posting because he is funny.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I have to make sure that I am not drinking something when reading Sully's post or I am going to choke myself when I burst out laughing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Great info Jennifer, thanks!!  Definitely sounds like another "rare black boxer" type of situation.  Get people to pay top dollar for a mix, and in this case one that apparently includes a breed that is not actually a disctinct breed - all for asthetic purposes adn the the supposed health benefit, which there is not likely to be one

Education is a beautiful thing!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:wink:  my pure boxer has blue eyes and shes not "hybrid" or rare..well i think shes rare lol but NOT b/c of how she looks... hybrids just mess with the bloodlines...  :?

G

·
0 Posts
MaxnDextersMom\";p=\"183540 said:
Meghan your blue boxer is amazing :]
How much did u pay for him???
I paid $5000 for her, but it was worth it because she will never have any health problems! I dont even have to take her to the vet ever! They are born with all of their shots for life and they are born already fixed.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Mustve scared him off :roll:  

Meghan what breeder did you get yours from??? I want one :wink:

I thought it ended with the rare blacks and whites!!! lmao now blue?? how about lavender?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I love my "designer dog" Max.
He's half pit and half boxer, and he was found wondering the streets at 6 months of age ,skin and bones and scared. :evil:

The shelters are full of these "designer dogs" that noone wants, and most will be put down to no fault of their own.

Maxs is one of the lucky few, that was found by someone looking for a companion, and someone to take care of and love.
Not because someone was looking for a "designer dog", or a Pit or a Boxer.

When I went to look for a playmate for Max, I wasn't looking for a Rottie, or a Pit, it just happened that he got on with Lexy right from the start.

I really wanted this other dog named Lucy at first.
She was beautifull and smart, but right off the bat there was trouble at the first meeting and I passed on her.

Please, if you only want a dog because he is different looking, or he is mean looking or he can do cool tricks, please do the dog a favor and not adopt him.
He will thank you for it, and so will I.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:ROTFLMAO:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: I know a few ppl that should rather have invisables :evil:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts