Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Blue Buffalo

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  samsonsmom 
#1 ·
G'morning everyone. Those of you who responded on the Royal Canin thread, I thank you so much! I have fully switched chato to Blue Buffalo. He started the same, with very loose/water diarrhea. He then got better for about 2 days, there was at least stool shape, but still soft. Well, this morning, he had no stool shape, and was extremely soft. Like I had stated on the previous post, he has been on blue buff for 6 days only. Can it be that he is still adjusting? He is also gaining weight, his health is completely perfect, so no parasites. I think I would like to give him a couple of more weeks, if I see no change, then I will be considering the Nutro line of foods. Any input from you pros? Thanx in advance. Yall have a good day!

#2 ·
You need to give that little guy some more time on the Blue Buffalo, at least a couple weeks. I assume he's eating well? He sounds like he's fine, just needs more time for his system to adjust. Give him a couple spoonsful of pumpkin also, that should help...Any food changes generally takes a few weeks, so be patient. Keep us posted

#3 ·
I just recently adopted my dog who had loose stool from the food at the pound. I started him on blue buffalo also in hopes to help , i see a little bit of difference in his stool but it changes day to day. Also after he eats his eye gets droopy,i will stay with blue for a couple more weeks.

#5 ·
Thanx guys for responding this fast. I guess I get too paranoid when it comes to my baby Chato. By the way, I have a 4 month 2lb chihuahuah (thank God they both get along great) and I notice his stool consistency is like a "rock"! LOL. At one point or another, do bigger breeds, like boxers, get this kind of stool consistency? Or does the smaller breeds GI system differ? Thanx

#7 ·
Finally, some "major major" improvements! A few minutes ago my baby Chato had a semi firm stool, at least to the point where I can actually scoop it up with the scooper. I wanna say a few more days and his stool will be even harder. I know, kinda gross, but finally gives me joy! HA! :lol: By the way, I also noticed that it was a lot less from the last time he had a semi-firm stool. Finally, the blue buff has kicked in! Thanx to everyone that advised me not to worry. Have a Great Day!

#8 ·
Woo hoo for Chato....Yes, he's starting to adjust to the food it sounds like & one of the benefits of a good quality food is that the stool size will be smaller....Glad to hear you are having some progress....

#9 ·
Oh man, I guess I spoke too soon. This morning he went back to pure "pudding". Hmm, could it be that I might be feeding too much? I'm following the bag's recommendation and doing 1 cup 3x per day. I guess it is slowly taking it's change. Thanx again.

#10 ·
Well after 2 weeks on Blue ghosts eyes looked like Rocky after fighting MR. T and never had a firmy. Monday i decided that is enough and switched him to Canidea monday night . Tuesday his eyes were bright and no fluids and today he dropped three nice firmies.....I guess Blue just wasn't for him.

#11 ·
Well you just answered my question in your other thread about how much to feed Ghost...He apparantly didn't like Blue Buffalo, it happens & it can sometimes be a trial and error thing....Glad to hear that Canidae worked....I would feed what it says for right now. Overfeeding can cause more problems down the road..Like being overweight. If you don't have one, get a kong, fill it with Peanut Butter, yogurt & banana, freeze for a couple hours & let Ghost play with that. It's like a doggie version of a protein shake.

Chatito, try feeding a wee bit less at evry meal..Are you giving Chato a bit of pumpkin also? That really does help...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.