Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Blue eye on a brindle boxer - Can you enlighten me Please!

36K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Brinney Blue 
#1 ·
Hi. I have a 14 week old brindle boxer named Bella. She came to us with 2 blue eyes at 7 and a half weeks of age. One eye has changed over time and is now almost completely brown, while her other eye is still very blue. The eye is fine, has been checked by a vet and she can see normally. I'm just wondering if the blue eye will change? I have never heard of a Brindle Boxer with blue eyes, as I know white Boxers can have them. We love her to death regardless, but just want to find out some info on my little freaky blue eyed Bella!

#2 ·
Puppies can have eye color change but never seen a crystal blue eye on a pigmented dog. So if she did, then would have to say she may have something else in her dna that is something other than boxer. Most of the time blue eyes appear due to lack of pigment, hence many of them go hand and hand with the white boxer. Sometimes this lack of pigment can lead to deadness in the ears as well.

Wlecome to the forum, and would love to see pics of your new baby!

#3 ·
Thanks HannaBanana!

Here is a piccy of my baby! She is definately a pure Boxer - I spoke to the breeder and was told that Bella's Mum had blue eyes as a pup as well - but they had changed before 14 weeks of age. Some websites I have read say that dogs eyes can change up to 12 months of age - but others say that eyes won't change after 5 to 6 weeks of age!

Has anyone else seen a Brindle Boxer with a blue eye??

Attachments

#17 ·
Thanks HannaBanana!

Here is a piccy of my baby! She is definately a pure Boxer - I spoke to the breeder and was told that Bella's Mum had blue eyes as a pup as well - but they had changed before 14 weeks of age. Some websites I have read say that dogs eyes can change up to 12 months of age - but others say that eyes won't change after 5 to 6 weeks of age!

Has anyone else seen a Brindle Boxer with a blue eye??
I actually have a four month old brindle with one blue eye as well! He’s almost five months old. I don’t know what his parents looked like so I can’t be sure why his eye is blue.

#12 ·
Andrea? Hulk n Storms Mom...theres a boxer on the austin site with one blue eye..a fawn and white..is it stella?

:clap2: Bella's eye is the same color as Isis's 2 eyes :clap2: i think its cute ..but hmm was mom or dad white?

#15 ·
Thanks for your responses! I'm glad everyone thinks she is cute. I think her eye just makes her that more original and unique! I don't know her lineage, but dad is fawn and mum is a dark brindle....that is why it is more bizarre...

I might do more investigating with her lineage to see if I can find anything...

#16 ·
Me again....Have spoken to the breeder and she said that there are no white boxers in Bella's mum (Cujo) or dad's lineage that she knows of. It is also Cujo's 3rd litter and she has never had a white pup! Looking at photos of Cujo though, her eyes aren't chocolate brown - a more lighter brown....could this be it? Anyway, maybe my Bella's a freak of nature....just be interesting to see if her eye ever changes colour.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.