Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Bo electrocuted himself!!!!!!

10K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Mom2BoNLaila 
A couple things - it'd probably be easier for a dog to get a shock if there was something plugged into the outlet and the plug was partially pulled out (i.e. still plugged in enough to conduct electricity but out enough to expose the plug ends).  I've shocked by myself this way, by reaching behind a table and tying to unplug something when you can't see, and mistakenly touching the 2 prongs of the cord at the same time when it was still partly plugged in.  I'd think that just licking an empty outlet/receptacle would not give a dog a shock, but like Dan said, saliva/water conducts electricity fairly well so I guess it could be possible.

Secondly, not to be anal, but electrocution by definition is death caused by electricity.  Unless somebody or something was killed then electrocution has not taken place, they were just given an electrical "shock".  Just saying  :twisted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.