Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
they both are beautiful boxers, Bo's mum Angel in my opinion is considered a reverse due to how dark her brindling pattern is. As for how much they conform to the breed standard-honestly i cant tell. sorry :) but they are both nice looking boxers. they both appear to be stout, instead of tall. not that that is bad, my girl savannah is stout, where as Reese is growing like a weed and at 9 months old is taller then savannah and she is 2!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The attachment worked.  Thank you....

They are stocky.  That is why I want to get one of Beauregard and Skips puppies.  Beauregard is beautiful and the namesake for my little Bo.  Did you see him?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
yeah i saw him. i thought he was gorgeous but didnt want to comment since we were talking about bo's parents. some people can get offended pretty quickly and it isnt my intention to do that :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Not a problem here.  I really wanted one of his pups NOW, but it was my husbands birthday and his present could not wait several months.  I plan on getting one of them next and that will be my second boxer baby.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What would be the difference between a 'reverse' coloring appearing black and the actual color of black-minus the lack of having the gene? Regardless, wouldn't the dog be black?

I saw a picture of a black Boxer the other night online. Though I didn't know anything about the dog's genes, he or she was definately black.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Andrea is correct in that boxers do not carry the black gene. If in fact you do come across a true black boxer, it would have had to been bred with another breed at some point to get the black gene in the line, such as a black lab or great dane, a breed that carries the black gene. If that is the case, it is no longer a purebred boxer.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
UPDATE!!!!!   Bo can hear.... he's getting better about listening too.  Thanks for all the encouragement.  I appreciated it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts