Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife decided this year that the dogs have to stay behind for vacation.  I'm trying to find a place that'll take em.  Our vet will kennel them, but there not gonna get much play time, mainly spending time in a crate which I wanna try to avoid.  Our friends that kept them over the weekend didn't seem interested in keeping them while we were on vacation.  They have 2 dogs, so that made a total of 4 indoor pets.  According to them, our dogs behaved but there's did not.  Also, Charlie whined all night and he didn't want to eat.  Charlie is finicky about new surroundings which worries me also.  Are there any websites that list places to board dogs?  Maybe some that you can search by city or state.

·
Registered
91 Posts
IM IN TEXAS AND WE ARE LEAVING FOR VACATION IN JULY. MY BROTHER WAS SUPPOSED TO LIVE IN MY HOUSE BUT WE MIGHT HAVE TO BOARD. AND I HAVE NEVER BOARDED BEFORE EITHER. IM WORRIED THAT SHE WILL BE IN A CAGE FOR THE WHOLE WEEK.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
The place where I board Ollie is a full service boarding/training/daycare place - so everyday but Sundays, you have the option of adding-on daycare - so he would pretty much be out playing from 7am - 7pm - and he would probably wind up sleeping the other 12 hours.
Hopefully you can find a place like that.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SharonL, our vet does offer boarding, but it is adjacent to the practice.  They also keep sick animals and those who are recovering from surgery.  I do know they take them out to potty, but they don't have a playtime so most of the time, the dogs would be in there crate.  I'll check into that website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts