Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we bought some booties for Sadie tonight to keep her little footsies warm on walks. Well..they seem to be absolute rubbish! She slipped on the kitchen floor and I'm surprised she didn't injure herself! There is no way I'm letting her loose with those things out on the ice.

If you guys have booties for your babies, what kind do you have and what's the traction like?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Donners have what looks like rubber mesh sewn into the bottom of his. They're made be SignaturePets and I found them at our local feed/yard store. They seem to have pretty good traction, Donner still hasn't quite got the hang of walking without "highstepping" in them and if they were slippery he be out flat :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
The ones I have are just nylon on the bottom but my sister got some great ones from Gander Mountain ($20).  They actually have a hard nonslip sole on the bottom.  They are higher then mine so not as much snow gets in them.  They are made for hunting dogs and the ones she got are the camo ones.  She got the last pair or I would have gotten some too.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bought her some "MuttLuks" brand booties...apparently they have the best traction...for $50 bucks you'd hope so! We'll see how they work out anyway...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yikes! $50 Alexa? I sure hope they work and are plated in gold or something

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
samsonsmom\";p=\"60871 said:
Yikes! $50 Alexa? I sure hope they work and are plated in gold or something
:lol:  :lol: Yeah me too! They are the only ones we've seen that are 1. waterproof and 2. have good traction. They are the ugliest things in the world so I definitely got them for quality. Not plated in gold, but they are yellow.. :rofl:  :bigrazz:

·
Registered
34 Posts
:roll: my wife told me i HAD to say hi so "HI" lol

8O  8O  8O  8O 50 bucks for doggy snow boots? WOWSERS !!! hope she can run faster and jump higher in em'

Sadie's a very pretty girl by the way

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I keep telling Travis Mav needs some booties for the snow but he just looks at me with this blank stare like im crazy and says."uhhhhhhh no". I just might have gotten him to give in on the coat but he still isnt keen on the idea of it. I like the matching set Donner was wearing but I cant see Travis Oking that lol. Does Sadie mind wearing booties? I would think theyd annoy the dog but maybe not.

·
Registered
839 Posts
No booties for Harley, He really doesn't need them where we live. Sounds to me like they're the Air Jordan of Boxer Booties.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I would love to see pictures of them Alexa - I know you love that sweet little Sadie and nothing is too good for her!  Sounds like you have some really nice boots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts