Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 8 month old boxer named Tyson. He wants to be outside ALL the time. I try to let him out when weather permits but sometimes it's just to cold. I play ball with him in the house but he gets bored with things so quickly.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I get my dogs Benebones or Nyla bones for powerful chewers and they use those quite a bit when bored and they have a ton of toys to keep them occupied but I do make sure we get out everyday for our walks in the mornings at least 2 miles and if its cold we just put on our coats and go. Sounds like your boy needs more exercise when they are young particularly they need that outlet. Training also will keep him occupied for a bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an 8 month old boxer named Tyson. He wants to be outside ALL the time. I try to let him out when weather permits but sometimes it's just to cold. I play ball with him in the house but he gets bored with things so quickly.
He will be extremely active like this as a puppy, you should notice some mellowing out at around 2yrs. Though Boxer are still energetic after that age, they are quite 24/7 demanding you to play. (In my experience, my girl is way more demanding then any of my boys were. She is almost 2 and is getting better)
I suggest busy work. Get some type of toy you can stuff treats in. I pry open a rawhide bone and squeeze a "grillers" treat in there. Keeps her busy for at least an hour.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Well how cold is cold?? Where are you?? If it's not "Deadly Cold," it's not really that big a deal. He'll play and goof around as much as he want's and when he is really, he'll bark, bark to come in. That is the norm, does your dog not do that???

The "Ball Playing," indoors is really not a "Good Idea." It my be cute now but when he get's to be 70 plus pound's ripping around indoors is not so cute! As was stated the Benebones or Nyla bones and assorted tuff chew toy's that you can stuff treat's into are good option's. And depending on your dog?? Dog's luv soft toy's that they can rip to shred's! But you have to be careful! As long as you know your dog won't try and eat the stuffing they rip out, then they are safe. :)

I have never had that as an issue with any of my dog's. I always have to put that crap up before I can vacuum. And I gotta, say these day's no one recommends any Raw Hide, I thought?? Raw hide is non digestible, it's pretty much just the same, as giving your dog a leather shoe to chew on???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts