Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I am a new boxer owner and might I say he is a lot of work.  He is 8 weeks old and his name is Tyson.  I have never had a puppy before, so I am a little overwhelmed.  I am excited to know that this site exists.  I hope you can all bear with me as I will be having a lot of questions.  My question now...Tyson seems to get bored all time.  We (my fiancee and I) are constantly playing with him, taking him outside, running around and such.  He has a lot of different toys.  He just seems to get bored all the time.  If we are playing with him, he is fine, but as soon as the attention is not on him, he wanders around looking for something to do next.  Going from one thing to another.  What can we do about this?  I feel like there is nothing more that can be done.  We try to tire him out, but nothing works.  Please help...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Advice from a trainer:

He needs to play with you, but also needs to learn to entertain himself in appropriate ways.  So long as he hasn't started destroying your things, I wouldn't worry about it much.  If he gets too much attention, he will be spoiled and you'll have a whole different set of problems on your hands.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Liz (Professional Dog Trainer) and Lilly (Hearing Service Dog and Therapy Dog, dually trained)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!  Nope, he is not destroying anything yet, likes to find new things to try and chew, but we don't let him.  It just bothers me to think he is bored.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hello and welcome to Boxer Forums!  :)  Congratulations on your new puppy. Tyson is still very young, and puppies have a very short attention span. Just make sure you have a lot of toys for him to play with and a couple good things for him to chew on and he should be fine. You are right, puppies sure are a lot of work!  :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts