Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me I'm new to dogs.  Is it me or does the Boston Terrier look like a Boxer "Mini Me"?  Were they bred from the same types of dogs?

I started thinking about this cause I saw two calanders side by side and they looked damn near the same.  That's all.

P.S. I'm studying up to see if the Boxer is the right dog for me.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
They do look an awful lot alike don't they? I don't believe they are from the same stock tho. Boxers are from Bullenbaisers( a german bred dog) then later crossed with what the Germans called Bulldogs or possibly Mastiffs. If you are interested in learning more about the breed there are some very good books that give the Boxer history & also their traits. One that I have is called "the boxer, a family favorite" by Stephanie Abraham, but there are many more.
If you want an intelliegent, active, loving, sensitive companion boxers are the best. They love children, are very protective of them actually & their owners. They keep you on your toes & provide a great deal of laughter too.
It's smart of you to do research before jumping in and buying without knowing what you are getting. Too many people don't and that's why so many end up in shelters. I know as I have recued 2 boxers.

Good luck.. 8)

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can find information about the breed at the American Boxer Club.  Are you looking at getting a puppy or a rescue dog?  There are people here that can give you good tips in picking a dog for a rescue or for picking a breeder for a puppy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts