Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boxer lovers,
I just wanted to hear from anyones experience with buying a puppy from Lando's Boxer in Lindsay Ontario, Canada?

Thanx a bunch,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um actually no, I am actually having huge issues with them as a breeder! its very upsetting and a long story!! :(

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I just looked over their website and i have a couple of concerns that I would ask about. In the section on fostering they say that a family that fosters will need to return the bitch for 6-7 weeks while she has and riases her puppies...it was my understanding that a mother should be with her pups a MIN of 8 weeks. Looking over the site I could also find no pedigree or health testing for any of the breeding stock but that does not mean that it isnt available. I also could not find who the puppies are registered with.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Care to share your experience? I have never heard of them before.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I have been looking for a pup and considering Canadian Kennels but thus far i have been unimpressed with what ive found. Another kennel I have huge problems with is Ambassadorkennels.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Donya -

I have been loooking at some Canadian dogs - coming up with a few nice dogs up there. Def check out Dave Gilmore from Zaracon boxers.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Keep away from a breeder that will hand over puppies younger than 8 Weeks, 10 Weeks is better. Less than 8 Weeks is very very bad for the pups. Stay Away!

·
Registered
665 Posts
boxerpaws said:
Care to share your experience? I have never heard of them before.
my guess is that something happened to a puppy they got from there. maybe , possibly, the pup in the picture named diesel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello again, sorry for the delay in reply but ive been at work all day...grrrr but ya its a very upsetting story about our beloved pupppy Diesel. My husband and i have always wanted a boxer and now was the right time to get one, and looking around I came across Lando's Boxers and read a bit about them and thought that they were legit. I called her and she was very nice and helpful and told me about the dogs and said that they were from German line and all and that we should come down to see them. We did and loved the mom and dad and I guess it all seemed alright. Well it ended up that she showed papers of the line and i guess to me it seemed good, she also stated that she sells dogs all around the world and that everyone is pleased with their pups. Well we bought him $1200 took him home and he was good for 3days, then it all started going downhill. He caught coccidia which is very common in puppies took him to the vet treated it, it was getting better then something else hit him but it was really bad, bloody stool dizzy had a siezure out of no where....to make a long story short we paid $2000 for his hospital stay for 3 days and he still wasnt better...a couple of weeks later he had another seizure huge fever and ended up that we had to put him down because he form pneumonia that no matter what we wouldve done he wouldntve made it1 :( :no: AHHHH it was the hardest thing i ever had to do!!! Throughout this whole time he ate fine and drank water, he had numerous tests done and xrays and nothing was ever found...the vets suspected that he may have had an immune deficiency...because no matter what a dog his age that is normal would get through it with medical care. I spent $4000 on this little guy and we lost a friend all because of her breeding, we are now trying to get some compensation from her but it looks like it wont happen, she wont help us at all ... we had a 3yr warrenty on him and its obviouse that from my point i did everything that possibly could to save him and make him better ...but nothing helped

So now I am angry and upset that someone could do that .... but i suppose its a learning experience and now we want to get another boxer next yr but i worry about what breeder to go to.....

SO there you have it our story.... there are manyt other things with it but this msg would be LOOOOOOONG .... :( :|

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. That is awful. That's what I keep hearing, that a lot of her dogs get sick and then she turns her back on you.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I think I would personally drive down and confront her face to face and DEMAND compensation. I wouldn't tell her I was coming either. I'd probably take a few people with me and if you have a contract stating that supposedly stands behind them for three years, then I'd threaten her with legal action if she does not compensate. Just reading your post pisses me off, hope you get something out of the b****!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
If you have a three year guarantee and she is not working with you - then IMO Id file a claim to recover the monies you have lost and spent.

When you made the purchase you were making the purchased based on the dog being heathly. To me that was the agreement in the sale. However that was not the case so one party did not live up to the end of their bargain.

I know my breeder friends stand behind what they produce as their reputation is one the line. Yes not all even health tested parent pups are free from health issues but if something does develop - I do know my friend worth with the owners to find a solution or take back the pup, refund the money or promise them a pup from another litter.

Sorry you had to go thru that....

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ohhh I am so sorry to hear of your experience and your little Diesel. He was very cute, I can not imagine losing one the way you did. <<hugs>>
How very awful that someone would breed these puppies knowing they will not live long, and keep doing it, not to mention all the heartache to people that fall in love with them. There is a special place in H*ll I am sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a puppy from her in Feb 2010. Problems include...

1. Dog has alergies to grain, beef, chicken, lamb, and pork. Must feed dog very expensive diet of salmon, duck, and turkey to keep her from having explosive liquid stool. Hundreds in vet bills to diagnose the problem. Talked to Linda, the owner of Landos many times, she refused to compensate of honour her health guarentee.

2. Still have no CKC paperwork. Called the CKC today to check on status, there is no record of my name, tattoo number of the dog, or dogs registered name. Called and emailed breeded many times, she blames CKC. This is a lie since CKC says they have no record of even receiving the paperwork from the breeder.

3. The Sire of our Dog is names Ondo. We have come across another owner of a Lando boxer with the same sire. The dog were were shown as Ondo was fawn with almost no white flash, the other owner was intorduced to an Ondo that was a Golden Brindle with lots of white flash. Who knows who the father of my dog is?

4. After a year of emails and phone calls Linda is no longer responding to email or answering her phone. Once I called from a friends house, as soon as she heard it was me she hung up.

STAY AWAY FROM THE CROOK!

If you would like to discuss further you are welcome to contact me at [email protected]

Steve

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I purchased a puppy from her in Feb 2010. Problems include...

1. Dog has alergies to grain, beef, chicken, lamb, and pork. Must feed dog very expensive diet of salmon, duck, and turkey to keep her from having explosive liquid stool. Hundreds in vet bills to diagnose the problem. Talked to Linda, the owner of Landos many times, she refused to compensate of honour her health guarentee.

2. Still have no CKC paperwork. Called the CKC today to check on status, there is no record of my name, tattoo number of the dog, or dogs registered name. Called and emailed breeded many times, she blames CKC. This is a lie since CKC says they have no record of even receiving the paperwork from the breeder.

3. The Sire of our Dog is names Ondo. We have come across another owner of a Lando boxer with the same sire. The dog were were shown as Ondo was fawn with almost no white flash, the other owner was intorduced to an Ondo that was a Golden Brindle with lots of white flash. Who knows who the father of my dog is?

4. After a year of emails and phone calls Linda is no longer responding to email or answering her phone. Once I called from a friends house, as soon as she heard it was me she hung up.

STAY AWAY FROM THE CROOK!

If you would like to discuss further you are welcome to contact me at [email protected]

Steve
Sorry you are experiencing these issues :( Unfortunately some of the above problems seem to repeat over and over again with people who come here to research that particular breeder.

I will say that it is not a suprise that your boxer has food allergies. That is one risk boxer owners take when acquiring a boxer. That is not something that breeders will usually include in a health guarantee. With that being said I wouldn't expect any compensation for medical bills due to allergies, unless she included that she would do so in the contract. If she did state that in the contract and will not honor her contract, unfortunately the only thing you can do is take it to civil court. It may or may not be worth it depending on the cost of medical bills, fees, etc.

You could submit all your evidence to CKC. She seems to run a large scale kennel and the more complaints they recieve about this breeder the more they may be willing to check into it and do something about her practices. Especially if she is infact running it the way you and others state.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
No doubt one of our moles will report this thread to Landos and they'll pop on with their side of the story soon. :) Until then, if your contract states registration papers will be given, at the least you can contact an attorney about filing an information charge for violation of the Animal Pedigree Act, which states in part (emphasis mine for clarity and, well, emphasis):

No person shall without an express statement that the animal’s registration, identification or status as a purebred is from a jurisdiction other than Canada and that the animal will not be registered or identified in Canada by the person, sell, as registered or identified, or as eligible to be registered or identified, or as a purebred, any animal without providing to the buyer thereof within six months after the sale the animal’s duly transferred certificate of registration or certificate of identification.
Violations of the Animal Pedigree Act carry a fine of up to $50,000.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts