Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
So sorry for your loss. when i was doing research for a breeder, i came across some negative things about landos as well. I ended up going to a northern ontario breeder (Timbercreek boxers) and she is expecting again from a different female. I was also considering Tickitboo Boxers and Rodlin Boxers, they were recommended to me as registered breeders in ontario. I met/spoke with each and all checked out to me. In my research at the time, I also came across someone looking for a deposit before the pups were even born - if that happens - stay away! there's no guarantee ever that all pups will be born. And don't believe anyone who says thay can guarantee you a specific colour of dog - if they aren't born yet, you can't know how many will be healthy or what colour they will be!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Yes, there is a huge difference, please don't get them confused! Linda of Landos in Canada is who we are talking about.

I have never heard or seen any complaints on Lando boxers (Dean and Trish) out of Missouri who is a totally different breeder and not related to this discussion.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Sorry about the whole situation, it is so heartbreaking to get a little one home then loose it to something so quickly :( We had a similar expierence with a Cocker pup years ago, I chose to try the nice guy way with the breeder to get some of our money back and when that didn't work I did take the legal route and was compensated for the original purchase price of the dog but not the medical expenses because in the fine print on the contract, we needed to consult the breeders vet upon any issues arising and we lived in another state and used our own vet instead.
I was happy with at least the purchase price of the puppy back, it was actually more than I expected. Of course it didn't put a dent in the hole that was left in our hearts at the time.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I know someone with a pup from Landos. She said she would never recommend them to anyone. Her well socialized pup turned into a very unstable dog. She has another boxer too, who is just a doll. Aside from that the dog has a million health issues. A heart condition, she had a cancerous lump removed. With zero support from the breeder. I would RUN!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a very sad situation! I don't know if it is any use now or if it is too late, but after having done a lot of research and with the extremely helpful advice of the other forum participants several very reputable breeders have been recommended in Ontario. It is always a hard choice but the breeders that come up check out in every way. If you search for the thread called 'Please Help! Looking for a breeder in Ontario' you will see the recommendations. I am very grateful for the forum users for educating me so much and hope this can help!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I realized it was an old thread brought back alive lol....There have been alot of them lately :/ Plus it irks me when people join JUST to respond to ONE thread thats over a year old....

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
This is an old thread brought back alive. No one is actually looking for a breeder anymore!
Does it say somewhere that after a certain amount of time, you can no longer post on the thread or bring it back alive? I have done so before and figured if it was not closed you could comment if you liked? If so then I apologize because like I said I have done it myself, perhaps seeking info and found a thread and posted on it. I guess I need to go and search it out

·
Registered
59 Posts
We bought our boxer, Mia, from Landos. When we started having aggression issues with Mia, the breeder (Linda) was very unresponsive to e-mails and phone calls. We are now once again thinking of returning Mia (age 11 mo.) because she has a very low provocation threshold - the least bit of aggression from another dog results in a fight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello boxer lovers,
I just wanted to hear from anyones experience with buying a puppy from Lando's Boxer in Lindsay Ontario, Canada?

Thanx a bunch,
Hi ,we bought two boxers from Landos and they are now three and full of boxer love and play. I would definitely get another pup from Linda no problem. Cathie German

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Well ... "We Sucked Then," but "We are Better Now??" Is not really a winning endorsement?? But it's been 10 years since this thread was started so they could be better now??

At any rate, glad your guy's are doing well and Welcome Aboard. :)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts