Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I posted a few weeks ago about our new boxador Winnie who is doing quite well with her crate training, letting us know when she has to go outside and she sleeps in her crate fine. She is learning to go for walks, it's a struggle but we are getting there.

My question is, she is 15 weeks and already 33 pounds and not fat at all, you can see and feel her ribs but she is built like a tank. She is heavily muscled and vascular already. I have looked on many forums and reviewed many charts and it seems she is bigger than a normal female. She was the largest pup in the litter as well and has been growing in weight and size at a pace that seems to be greater than the charts I have seen.

So using several sites that attempt to make a rough prediction of adult size, and as well, using one I developed, I have her pegged at about 72 LBS when fully grown. Can this be true or will her growth slow down?
In terms of diet, she is on RAW complete meal, along with rice and kibble and she is literally packing on weight and size it seems overnight. I mean I swear we put her in her crate at night and in the morning she has grown.

As a side note, it was fun reading all the posts about how these dogs go absolutely app at night, I usually get her outside if I can to burn off all that energy where I usually end up laughing watching her just lose her mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update, at 16 weeks she is 43 pounds and still growing. Her paws seem to be still growing and she is much taller. I have monitored he calories and weight to ensure she is not simply getting overweight, she still has that muscular lean look but she is just so heavily muscled and her joints and paws are quite large. I am guessing she is going to be over 70 lbs

·
Administrator
7,184 Posts
Can I ask why you are feeding both raw, kibble and rice? On average your puppy should be gaining 2lbs per week. Anymore than that and she is being over fed and at risk of structural orthopaedic issues such as OCD and hip dysplasia. A picture would really help, standing from the side and from above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts