Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got off the phone with the breeder that Tami got Layla from and she just had a litter born a day or two ago (too excited to remember! LOL) and she put my name down for a flashy female. They're going to get their tail docked tomorrow and I'm giving her a call next week to get updated (about the people ahead of me and see what I have to choose from). I'm so pumped!!  What I've ultimately decided to do was probably wait until they're about 8 weeks old (mid october) just because with college and everything (yeah he bought my books!! lol) we get a week break then. I'm all excited now and giddy!  :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Aw that is so exciting. I want another boxer! *jealous* lol. I'd love to have a reverse brindle. And I do think it's a good idea to get the puppy after 8 weeks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thats some great news.  You will have to post some vidoes of them all playing together.  

I was wondering if they were too close in age too?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, she did have another litter and I'm choosing her because it works out the best for my situation.

I may end up bringing my girl home around 6-7 weeks but it all depends on my schedule at school (plus I'm only at class for 1 1/2hrs per day, so I think I can manage.. lol hope so anyway!)..

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Congratulations, do you have a name picked out yet?  So glad your books are covered and you are going back to school.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know what I'm going to name her..

We were eventually going to get another puppy like next year or two years from now, but looking at Layla and having MAJOR puppy fever from seeing all the new ones on the forum, I want another and I'm sooo happy Tami shared with me who Layla's breeder was (BIGS HUGS TO YOU TAMI!!). But Mia will be about 6 months old when the new puppy comes!

She said the flashy fawn females in this litter are mahagoney, darker than Layla, and there are flashy brindle females. Not sure what we're going to get yet. I'd like a brindle but I'm not particular. The only white puppies she has are males.

Thought about the name Piper... Anyone wanna throw up some ideas?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I think Piper is great and sounds good with Mia too.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That is too exciting!  Piper is a very cute name!  I wish you best of luck....I think CHloe was about 20 something odds weeks old when we got Fiddler. They LOVE each other.....they are so cute together!  My boyfriend and I hope to post pictures of them soon.  Anyway, good luck!  What are you in school for???

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats!! I'm sooo jealous!! I would really love a second boxer too....they're puppyhood is just soo precious and they're the perfect adults!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mybox1\";p=\"25666 said:
What are you in school for???
I'm in Business Administration.. I just want the background so that I'll know how to run a business.. And I'm also studying to be a dog trainer/behaviorist (Liz, I'm on the behavioral issue section now! WOOHOO!).. All for what you ask?? lol So I can hopefully open a doggy daycare/boarding center and train as well! Hoping it all works out... My bf's mom was mad because I didn't want to be a vet but I told her that as much as I'd love to, I'd like to have my own business and be able to bring my babies to work as well.. Can't quite do that at a vets office (right Sharon?).. Oh well... I'm doing EVERYTHING in my power to get there.. My dad just doesn't quite get it and wants me to work towards a "normal" job..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts