Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me I have a 2 year old boxer he's a great pup but will sometimes bite not all the time old certain people
like a couple of family members and freinds I have scolded him but he still does it can anyone help :cry: :(

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
What kind of scolding?

When Henry was a little baby and wanted to bite, I'd let out a loud "Ouch!" and say "No bite!"  That seems to have stopped it.  Sorry, that's all I know.  Maybe Liz can help, she's the best! :wink:

Zhanna

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Why is he biting?  Are they playing with him or does it just come out of the blue?  Is it a certain area in the house where it occurs or is it just where ever?  Is it when they enter the house?  Is it in your house or when you are out for a walk or in different territory? Think of when it happens and let us know the circumstances.  We need that to assess why this is happening.

Nano

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, depends on what they are doing to make him want to play. Is he doing it in an aggressive manner or by playing?

Dogs will sometimes bite a person if they come at them with their hand out too quick. Or like Guido, he'll jump if someone comes in with their hands up in the air because he thinks they have something.

I think this is a question for Liz. So we'll see what she says.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I need more info to give you an answer.  How are you/they playing with him?  Rough?  Aggressive?  When does he ho it?  To whom?  What kind of scolding is he getting?  Are you giving him corrections or punishments?

Please give me as much info as possible so that I may help you.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he was my sons dog and he played rough with him my son is now going through a divorce and the dog doesn't get to see the kids only his son because he has custody of him .the dog will sit and his ears will pin back and then snap the vet says he has an atitude problem but didn't tell us how to treat it .I had a boxer for 10 year and had never had this kind of problem my wife loves the dog but says he has got to change because she won't have a biting dog in the house .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the type of scolding we give him is we tell him no bite and look right into his eyes .He then goes into his kennel and lays down knowing he has done wrong

·
Registered
948 Posts
hmm.. i have no idea.. hopefully you can nip this quick.. it doesn't sound good if he's pinning his ears..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts