Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three boxer books.  One is Boxers for Dummies, and two other generic boxer books.  Are there any good books out there you guys/gals would reccommend for some good boxer reading material?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I have "The Boxer Handbook" which I find covers everything in general detail. I quite like it. Also I have "Boxers, A complete pet owner's manual".

How is "Boxers for Dummies"? I was thinking about getting that one...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I got a recommended reading list from the Rescue; I will look through it tonight and see what is on there.  Pretty sure Boxers for Dummies is on it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have one called "The Boxer" by Stephanie Abraham..Great book, goes into a lot of detail about the founding kennels here in the states and tons of pics!!!  :drool: Has a lot of good info on picking pups, health care and current top kennels...My other book isn't as big(first boxer book I bought 9 yrs ago) Guide to owning a Boxer by Patti Rutledge

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The boxers for dummies book is quite good.  It is more reading and less pictures.  I will try and get the two titles to the other books I have.  I ordered a new book off of ebay that should be here next week.

I will be interested to hear what is on the reccommended list from the rescue.

There was a 45 minute video entitled Boxers.  I don't know if it would be worth getting or a waste of 15.00.  Thats not too much but its only 45 minutes.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I'd skip the video and look for good books!!! :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I was thinking but didn't know if there was a good one out there.  Maybe I can snap a shot of the books I have.  I also enjoy reading about the history of them which is only slightly covered in the books I have.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
We have Boxers for Dummies, AKC Boxer Book, and The Boxer... I think we have one more but can't think of the name. Read them all before we got Odin... and I'm not a book reader... so that there says a lot!!

We also bought Ferrets for Dummies... I think that whole line of "For Dummies" books on animals is VERY GOOD!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That first book I mentioned really goes into the history, which I am fascinated by..I got mine at Petsmart, but you might want to check online like with Amazon...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ebay has a nice selection but I will have to try Amazon.  I like ebay because of the deals.  There is one book that I just got for around 3.80 including shipping.  It is titled Boxer and has around 230 pages.  For that cheap I am willing to check it out.  Its a nice addition to the collection.  I noticed they had about 10 available if anyone else is interested I can post a link.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts