Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Ok, wrong way to start of the post and sure you may not like some of the answers -  (what I mean by wrong way, is always state your reasons and background first, this avoids people jumping to conclusions:)

Lets try this - are you looking to breed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about that im new to this. i have a one year old female reverse flashy brendle up to standard with everything except the ears being docked, shes absolutely beautiful. ive found a kennel in auburn alabama called knightly kennels who as a gorgeous stud who sired 14 puppies the last time he bred. it is 500 for the stud fee for him, and he has ch. blood line. but once again i am new to this so i am open to any advice that would further my knowledge of the breed.

G

·
0 Posts
You should wait until your female is 2 years old, get her health tested- heart hip and thyroid, and make sure she is up to standard by showing her....

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
sorry about that im new to this. i have a one year old female reverse flashy brendle up to standard with everything except the ears being docked, shes absolutely beautiful. ive found a kennel in auburn alabama called knightly kennels who as a gorgeous stud who sired 14 puppies the last time he bred. it is 500 for the stud fee for him, and he has ch. blood line. but once again i am new to this so i am open to any advice that would further my knowledge of the breed.
Its ok, being new and admitting that you are looking for advice is the good thing:).

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Heather's covered most of it, but just a couple of comments on this:

stud who sired 14 puppies the last time he bred. it is 500 for the stud fee for him, and he has ch. blood line.
It is the bitch who determines the number of puppies in a litter, not the dog; it is limited by the number of eggs she ovulates.  Also, for $500 - 800, you can find a Champion, health tested stud dog from a line of the same (rather than an untested, "champion line" dog).

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
**Also the stud dog in questions Ch. Lines go back 4-5 generations.   Second what Jennifer (Newcastle) says.  I know one dog in the Top Twenty, completely health tested Ch from some of the same Ch lines (of that dog 5 generations ago) that is only a little more for stud than what this kennel is charging.   :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow i have to admit this is a little more overwhelmings.im def glad to hear i should wait till she is two, ive heard many bad things about breeding to early. the stud i was interested in breeding her with has been health tested and shown. the kennel has been breeding for a while and are highly recomended locally. as far as my dog being shown she has not, but she has been looked by a couple of people that used to show and judge boxers at shows. and the man that judged said she was up to standard (however i have no idea whether his judging background is true)

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Logan\";p=\"73699 said:
I have no advice or expierence in showing or breeding, but just wanted to comment that you girl is beautiful.
as said a lot around here.. "i second that"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts