Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you notice that as they mature their color gets darker or lighter.  I have a little flashy fawn puppy.  She has some dark mixed in her fur along the base of her spine and tail.  SO I wonder if she will get more dark or if the dark will lighten as she grows?  I don't think she is brindle,  both her parents are fawn.

I will try to post some pics later today :D

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know about the genetics (well sort of)  I know fawns can have brindles and vice versa.  in this case all 9 puppies were fawn and flashy fawn.  She is flashy fawn.  she just has a little bit darker area towards her back end and tail.  It doesn't look brindle.  At least to me.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I'm still not sure if the fur gets darker or lighter as boxers mature.  I have a friend who breeds yorkies and says yorkies get lighter and she thinks boxers get lighter as well.  and  Boxerbaby18 says  his/her min pin got darker.  So any one actually know what happens with boxers?

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that she is 9 wks I don't see those black hairs mixed in on her back and tail much at all any more.  So I guess like Newcastle said the "guard hairs" are falling out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.