Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do boxers have more dander than other dogs... my brother said they have one of the highest

·
Registered
412 Posts
Re: boxer dande??

Dander is picked up from being outside. It is all allergins. Pollens etc. Dust. By rights if your dog is not alway's out side it should not carry much dander. Also the extremly short coat should help. Bottom line.....any dog has dander. It's all propartional to how much they pic up in the environment. So his statement in incorrect.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thats what i thought...we have a big dispute going on right now how i shouldnt be allowed to bring my dog to thanksgiving cause his fiance is allergic to dogs, yet he thinks he should be able bring his yorkshire... i hate that dog... he attacked my little dungy.  He said that my dog will make her sick cause "boxers have the most dander of all dogs" he is 12 weeks... even if he does... there isnt a lot cause he is soo small lol

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Some people will believe want they want to regardless of what you say....But IMO, if someone else can bring their dog, you should be able to as well....

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

ditto what Willow said. It wouldnt be fair to allow one to come but state another one couldnt.  Bring him on the forum...we will make sure to let him know hes wrong :D Besides if shes allergic to dogs why in the heck do they have one??? people!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

well yorkshires i guess dont have dander cause they have "people hair"... he is just crazy lol... he has never been a dog person to be honest and now he has a little rat dog... sry to ppl that have little dogs, im not a fan lol

·
Registered
412 Posts

Doesn't matter wether they have hair or fur. It is simply picked up from rubbing against, rolling in, walking buy things in the environment. Even houshold dust is a factor. He does not know what he is saying, and obviously has poor taste in dogs. That of caorse is just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

lol... i agree... that thing barks at anything moving and growls and dungy... even tried to bite him but i got dungy away b4 he did

·
Registered
412 Posts

Another factor is dead skin shed from the dog, not the fur or hair. An older dog produces far more of this than a really young one. So their is another point for you!

·
Registered
412 Posts

It is....and whatever other dust and pollen and whatnot they get on them. It's All dander.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

Soccergk1987\";p=\"50206 said:
well yorkshires i guess dont have dander cause they have "people hair"...
haha....Yorki's have dander too.....But, good try from your brother :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm right there w/ ya, I'm pissed I can't bring Fredo to Thanksgiving b/c my stupid cousin is allergic...lol...I told my aunt to drug that kid up ...somehow I come off as the bad guy? I just don't get it...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts